on 3 August 2013
The standard metre long cable is too short if you want to use your phone while charging; this at 1.5 metres is just right, long enough without loads of spare cable to get tangled. (though I suppose it depends where your wall socket is). This is sold as a 'fast charging' cable: I bought it along with an Amazon 2.1 amp USB plug, & together they do seem to charge my phone in much less time - certainly faster than doing it through a pc.
I'm always a bit wary of relatively cheap prices online but this seems a neat & sturdy little cable & so far I can find no fault with it. Equivalent items bought together would cost up to £20 in the shops, whereas I paid a total of £12.98.
After using this for nearly 3 months in tandem with Amazon Basics 2.1 amp charger I can confirm that it is excellent, & charges very fast.
on 3 September 2014
Looks well enough made, and I like the idea of the locks on the sides of the connector to securely attach the cable to the device. But unfortunately it doesn't actually work with my iPad2. Connection is intermittent at best. If you blow on it the wrong way, you will break the connection. Seems to be a common observation with the iPad2. Has been returned and refunded.
on 28 July 2013
This is a great product as it does fit very nicely, and to pull it out requires to hold the ends of the charger head which ensures no accidental pull outs, the cable itself doesn't look great and has more of an industrial feel but its very good at what it does and I have already started to replace default cables with this cable. It is 150 cm in length and so finally I can actually stand up and use my phone whilst its on charge (Apple should be ashamed of themselves), the charging power is fast, I had used a default apple cable, an Amazon basics cable and this cable and found (and note this isn't a professional experiment) that the apple cable charged my iPhone 4 5% in 5 mins, the Amazon charged it around 6% and the portapow charged it 7% (using a mains usb port). So all in all its a great product and its lasted me now for 2 months and doesn't have any sign of tearing.
on 17 July 2013
Very good quality , seems to charge ipad3 faster because of thicker cable , also the extra length makes better,for handling when charging
I like the buttons on side to keep it plugged in to help the connector pins from getting broken by the wire accidentally been pulled
Would recommend , You get what you pay for
on 7 October 2013
It's only a charger and can't be used for syncing but it charges my Ipod 4 from the car charger or the mains charger that came with my camera, or any PC USB, so I can leave Apple's much more expensive lead somewhere safe at home!
on 3 April 2014
Cheap and reliable, been charging my Ipad2 now happily for many months now. Have read other reviews for other products even bought some, so far this has proven to be the best.
on 11 May 2013
Bought this cable after much research to go with PortaPow multi USB plug and it does exactly what it says. Can now charge my phone and iPad at the same time with no loss of power.
on 18 August 2013
I bought this along with a PortaPow multi USB charger but it won't fit into my ipad. It fits into my iPod so it's not just a matter of bad construction but the ipad must have less tollerance for the fit of aftermarket connectors into it :(
on 16 November 2014
Solid USB charging cable for iPhones and iPads (old style, not lightning). Note that this has locking pins so whilst it holds in securely make sure you're prepared to unlock it properly every time you want to remove it. Not so suitable with young children so for now this is being used in the car.
on 1 April 2014
The cable is certainly thicker than standard but the problem is the connector on the ipad. It does not make a reliable connection and if you look at it the wrong way it stops charging and you have to push and wiggle to get it to start charging again.

It will charge faster assuming you can leave the ipad alone and don't go near it !

I would not recommend it because of this poor connection