on 5 February 2015
At the start I though I was going to love this book, with it's interesting mystery involving characters I knew from childhood. Unfortunately I was left disappointed.

I found the writing to be very inconsistent, along with the plot. It was all over the place and didn't really make much sense. The amount of fairytale characters didn't really help either, they just made all the more confusing.

I feel this was very rushed and with more time and effort could have been shaped into a much better novel. The characters could have actually helped, and deepened the plot without being confused and frustrated.

I did like the idea of the fairytale aspect, but in this case there was too much and it didn't sit right with me. Unfortunately I can only give this two stars because there was a-lot of room for improvement.
on 23 March 2017
This is the story of the woodcutter who protects the forest and the twelve kindoms, one day he sees Little Red Riding Hood in the forest he later finds here dead body with out any mark on her. Here begins the story of an Evil Queen, A Manction that keeps appearing the Queen and Man want to take over the kindoms there are many fairytale charators such as snoe white sleeping beauty and jack and the beanstork.
on 29 July 2017
The writing is lush, the tale is wonderful and it features a host of fairytale/folklore/mythology characters. It's dark in parts but aren't all the best tales? I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of this book.
on 25 April 2017
Snow White, Rapunzel, Rumpelstiltskin. They are all here along with many other characters from countless fairy tales. So very well written that the blend of new and old is seamless.
on 29 April 2017
I loved this book, an age old tale of good versus evil and true love conquering all. Read if you want your soul lifted.
on 10 June 2017
It's ok but that's about it. Clever use of all the different characters from various mythologies, but the storyline is rather weak.
on 15 June 2017
Reader loved it
on 20 September 2014
As I read, memories of fairy tales from childhood returned and I was held spellbound until the happy ending. Lovely book. Well written as well. An unexpected treat.
on 11 October 2015
Excellent storytelling around our loved childhood fables
on 30 September 2015