on 11 June 2014
Not too big, not too small, its perfect for desk use. The IPS panel is awesome, better than any other screen I've used. Only qualm would be that the speakers are a bit underwhelming but I don't use them anyway.
on 1 August 2013
I must admit, when this was dispatched I got worried because Amazon stopped selling it due to someone reporting it as 'not as described' but thankfully all is well this end.

Quickly delivered, well packaged, easy to set up and the picture is beautiful! Easily the best monitor I have ever owned.
on 21 June 2013
I reviewed a few monitors before deciding on this one and i have to say it's a fantastic monitor.
I have connected it to my desktop and PS3 i mainly use it for gaming which is brilliant
especially Battlefield 3.
There is one slight niggle a touch of light bleed in the bottom left corner when it is turned on
but this does not effect it's performance when playing back video on your PC or gaming.
For this price from Amazon you cant go wrong... GO ON TREAT YOUR SELF....
on 20 June 2013
Amazing picture both when I use it as an extension for my iMAC and to play PS3 games. The sound is best I heard so far from built in speakers on a monitor. Highly Recommended !
44 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2013
Well Packaged (handy when courier dropped it on to doorstep!!!), Easy to setup, clear picture, contained the DVI-HDMI cable i needed.

Product as described!!!!

Would recommend to anyone.
on 27 November 2013
With the PS4 just around the corner and being an active gamer I thought it was time to buy a new monitor and I feel like I have picked the perfect time. I looked at anything and everything but this monitor kept on grabbing my attention. I liked the reviews it was getting I also liked the feedback it received from Youtube videos.. So after looking at all sorts of monitors from "gaming" to "3d 120hz super monitors" I finally decided that this was the best I was going to get for my money and I don't feel like I have a bad choice at all. When I first turned the monitor on I was absolutely taken back by how crisp the picture was. I have tried several AAA pc titles and they all look amazing in 1080p on high settings (Geforce 560ti) I also thought it done my consoles justice even including the good old dreamcast via VGA. If you are like me and have been spending hours worrying that you are paying too much money for a monitor think again go with your gut and buy it. You wont be disappointed.
on 3 June 2014
Bought this screen to replace my 22" Belina which I was very pleased with, but this screen is so lovely been watching some 4k hd Videos and the picture quality colour etc is amazing. Is very easy on the eyes. Also this screen is much quitter in operation than my old one.

The only problem I had is mine came with a UK-IEC C13 (kettle style) mains lead where as you need the UK-IEC C5 (cloverleaf) to plug into the power supply. Handy that I had one laying around.

Not sure if that was specific to mine or if any one else has had that issue.
on 21 November 2013
This is an upgrade from a 22" LG, also with speakers.

The Asus is big, clear, looks nice physically as well as having a good screen. The sound is actually quite good and fills an average sized office/bedroom. Perfectly adequate for TV/Youtube/music.

So good I got two for my line of work.
on 20 May 2014
If I had enough money I would buy 3 more of these to replace my 3 monitors on my PC setup in an instant!

I got mine today and I thought I would share my review on it, I don't usually do reviews by the way, so here it goes

If your looking for one for gaming, look no further, it is a great size for a large desk monitor and it beats all the TV's for gaming, and for a 27 inch Gaming Monitor to have 5ms, for the size that's good- especially when ms is one of the main things you are looking for in gaming as it can determine a few bullets between life and death. The contrast on the TV is brilliant and the colors come out very good as well, I use this for an Xbox One mainly, but also for my Xbox 360.

Now onto the other use, watching films, I hooked up my Blu-Ray player to the Monitor and I was very impressed, you can see every detail on the actors and when you watch an action movie the explosions look real and this is where the colors really come in to play, I only fiddled with this for one film (Casino Royale) and it was pretty cool imo.

I also hooked it up to my PC as well, even though I wasn't using it for PC I just wanted to see how well it looked with my GTX 780 and it was awesome, I didn't play around with this that much either,m but from what I saw I was happy!

The Features:

I feel like this Gaming Monitor has some really cool small features that give it the finishing touch:

Sound: The built in sound is very good, even though I have a speaker system for the TV, I would have no problem with the built-in sound if that was the only option, that gives it a + to anyone who needs to wait later for a sound system or doesn't want to have loud sounds like I do (I am a bit of a sound insomniac)

2x HDMI;s: I was surprised originally to see this on there, its not every day you come across an amazing monitor that has two (Yes '2') HDMI slots, this is great as I have a two way splitter going into one, so I can switch from 360 to xbox one and the other HDMI slot goes into the Blu-Ray player, which is handy as more often than not I will watch a film while a game downloads or updates and when it finishes updating/downloading I can just pause the film and switch back to the xbox one/360.

Audio Switch: It has a good connection and it's like any other audio switch, not much to say on that really!

Headphone Jack: Same as above

VGA Slot: I don't really need it, but I tried it out anyways, and it was standard, which is all you need really!

Buttons: The buttons are easy to access, but they are a bit sensitive, which can be a bit annoying if you accidentally knock something against it, but that nothing major and it has all the basic buttons you need, as well as the option to change it to a 'Game' setting and a 'Theater' setting, which is handy for when I am switching from films to gaming, and it works well too! :) There are also other options, but I tend not to fiddle with those ^_^

Build: Very solid build, despite the other reviews about the stand, i feel like it does the job, it can sometimes be slightly wobbly, but overall its fine as long as you aren't having an earthquake :)

That's all really!

hope it settled your mind!

-Chris
on 2 December 2015
Got this monitor on amazon lightning deals and am very impressed with the functionality and value for money. The screen is aesthetically pleasing, bright and clear with a good viewing angle. The controls on the front are inductive but are solid and provide tactile feedback. There are twin hdmi inputs as well as a vga, and the screen can display twin inputs in various configurations. The sound is crisp and clear and far in excessive of what id expected. The twin hdmi inputs and sound have meant that I can use this for various uses not just as a large screen for my laptop, but Its good for the x box, whether I want to stream through my laptop or plug it in directly. I also have an amazon tv stick plugged in, which gives it additional functionality. When gaming on the laptop it is smooth and bright and keeps up, with no lag. This is a large monitor and obviously everything displayed is expanded so it doesn't look as crisp and sharp as a smaller monitor but the contrast is good and the colour vibrant. For the money I would not hesitate to buy this monitor, it would take a lot to beat at this resolution and functionality