on 6 January 2015
The product looks absolutely stunning great addition to anyones office. However the only reason for given it three stars had 10 plus dead pixels on the item I ordered. Ebuyer also does not offer a exchange service, i.e. deliver another monitor whilst collecting the old one. Its tough to be around for two seperate occasions when working etc (the collection of old one, wait x y z days and then receive the new one).
on 6 July 2013
Firstly let's just say that for the money this is a brilliant monitor/media screen. Its crisp and bright, has a very slim edge and has great connectivity options round the back. As a computer monitor its great and easily able to keep up with anything I throw at it (Windows 8 user). It's also very capable as a HDMI screen for playing DVD, Blu-Ray etc. Its the first monitor I have used with inbuilt speakers and they are the only let down for me, they sound like they are playing through someone's jumper! they are muffled, the treble is almost none existent which you cannot adjust from the monitor, in fact the monitors own "Menu" is pretty basic, my 7yr old LG monitor had better customisation options. So far I have been unable to increase the treble as Windows 8 seems to have done away with this option too. The screen goes to sleep on its own after 10mins of no activity which is nice. I received both a European and a British plug with mine, the box does state that this model is a Netherlands one, not a UK model. Buy for the screen and connectivity options and you WILL be impressed, just don't expect the sound to be as good.
on 15 January 2016
My monitor died after just 24 months of use. When my computer is in standby, the monitor stays on with the backlight fully on. When the computer shutdowns, the monitor loses signal and stays blue displaying a "No signal" message. The only way to solve this issue is to disconnect the monitor from it's power supply for a couple of minutes. This happens every single day. The OSD buttons are also unresponsive so I am unable to change input source.
After speaking to Asus' RMA department, they have said that as it's 24 months old they will not repair it.

A few other things to note is that the panel does not have VESA Mounting holes so it cannot go on a bracket. There is also no height adjust in the screen.

Regardless of my experience of the monitor dying, I would not recommend this monitor due to it lacking so many features which come standard on LG's monitors in the same price range.
on 29 August 2014
I chose to buy this over other Asus models. In particular the 2k resolution 27" model also from Asus with a 60hz refresh rate, PB278Q.

The reason I chose this model in particular was for the IPS matte screen. Viewing angles are fantastic and the monitor has very accurate colour reproduction. I wouldn't really want to get a TN panel because of the poor viewing angles and weaker colour reproduction.

I'm using this monitor for my full purpose monitor - work, browsing the internet, media consumption and gaming too.

The display isn't that bright, but I it's fine because of the matte screen. I would have liked it to be a little brighter but this is better for your eyes in the long run!

Refresh rate is fast, very little ghosting so it's good for gaming. And it's perfect for watching videos and browsing the web, the large size makes it very productive for work too. The interface is very easy to use and has some great preset video functions, meaning you don't have to fiddle around with them at all.

It's actually not that large, the bezel is small and it is designed to feel smaller + be very stylish.
I use headphones, but the sound quality is really good from the monitor for those times when I don't want to, removing the need to purchase / have additional ones taking up space.

My only gripe with it is that it was shipped without an amazon box, and I bought it directly from amazon. The labels were just stuck on the original packaging, which was dented a little.

The reason I didn't purchase the other monitor was it would obligate me to buying more graphics power because I would play games at a higher resolution. And that monitor has been around for a while, so spending £450+ on a 2 year old 2k monitor with the same 60hz refresh rate wouldn't be worth it since 60hz 4k monitors are around the same price.

There should be some good gaming ones in a couple of years time when I'll possibly look to upgrade.
on 15 February 2014
/// Pros

· Good clean color reproduction & span of contrast
· By analyzing text, it holds a good degree of sharpness, but due to max resolution of 1920 x 1080, not really much better than my previous 27" LCD Monitor at about £200.
· Styling has certainly been a key factor for this monitor.
· I'm not a massive game player, but fast moving visuals seem responsive enough.
· Brightness levels is satisfactory.

/// Cons

· Reflecting on the price, I would say that image quality overall does not lend itself to giving me that ultimate WOW factor over a cheaper priced monitor, but still, it's not bad.
· Ergonomics would had placed display touch buttons on side/bottom-front for ease of use, but aesthetics chose underneath - Initially you might find them a little frustrating to function by having to twist your hand.
· A max resolution of 2560 x 1440 would had made this monitor very competitive in this price range, however, there are quite a lot of more expensive monitors of this size on the market that don't excel that far either.
· Slight screen bleeding on darker colors, but nothing to get a twist over.
· Slim bezel that states frameless, however, you do lose about a centimeter of display area round the screen (Except bottom). The bezel itself is about 0.8 of a millimeter.
· Sadly, the stand is fixed in a way that can only tilt up/down, but still, not a huge problem.

/// Conclusion

Overall, once you have everything setup the way you like it, it is a good monitor that produces some good output. It comes complete with all the leads you need to plug into the I/O ports, including a HDMI to DVI lead, as the monitor does not include a DVI port.

It has integrated speakers, but not tested or ever will - It's a bonus that it has them, but you don't buy a monitor for the speakers, especially when you have a £100 Asus Xonar 7.1 sound card installed.

In general, if your looking for a monitor that combines a bit of style and reasonably good picture quality in one package, then I don't think you can go too far wrong with this compared to most others.
on 8 January 2014
I purchased this monitor about 6 months ago as I needed a second monitor. This guy does the job really well.

1) Very bright colours
2) Very stylish
3) Great features (easy to tilt, clean, small bezel and good touch controls)

1) Expected more from Bang & Olufsen speakers. They produce an average sound. In fact they often muffle speech so I find it hard to hear the words over music. I intended to use them a lot but have not used them in months.

Would definitely recommend buying this monitor as long as you don't intend on using in built speakers.
on 22 December 2013
Great monitor with excellent picture and features. Love the touch sensitive buttons under the screen edge. Speakers are not at all bad considering their size. The very small screen border is very smart.
Only things that let this monitor down are lack of DVI socket and the very short cables it comes with. I have had to purchase longer leads for the Audio and HDMI to DVI connections. Power cable is only exception as it is a good length.
Overall a great purchase.
on 13 September 2013
I bought this to replace two side by side monitors that were starting to misbehave. It is as good as using two screens side by side, the clarity of the picture is great and it is very easy on the eyes, which is important in my case as I am looking at it for at least five hours a day. The built in speakers are good, but obviously not as good as a big set of external speakers - for gaming I may add on at least a subwoofer to give more depth to the sound, but it is very good quality sound, just not very loud. I would definately buy another.
VINE VOICEon 23 January 2015
Only one minor criticism, when scrolling text there are very, very, very slight instances of ghosting - it is only minor and does not in anyway hinder making the text readable - more a minor nuisance.

Other than that, excellent.

Colours are vibrant with decent contrast, black levels also clearly defined.

Initial use of the under screen controls is fiddly but with regular use their action becomes familiar.

Inputs are selected automatically on power-on or manually.

There is no height adjustment but more than adequate screen tilt.

A great, stylish screen on or off, initial reaction in seeing the stand was that it was rather flimsy but fitting is easy and there is no screen wobble!

Highly recommended.
on 31 December 2015
Excellent display for the price and speakers that are actually worth listening too. Came with every cable that you can think off. Only downside is the controls are a bit of a pain as they under the screen and work by passing your finger over them as opposed to actual buttons. Gimmicky and don't work that great, plus separate controls for volume would have been useful.