on 22 May 2014
Since receiving and using the first of these heads, I straight away noticed that they felt different. The head has quickly become wobbly and catches my lip under it (which hurts!). I've just caught a clip on BBC1's 'Fake Britain' and saw it was talking all about fake Oral B toothbrush heads. One of the tell-tale signs of a fake is if the Oral B logo on the neck comes off with ethanol (or nail varnish remover will do). On genuine replacement heads the logo is lasered on and doesn't come off. I've just tried mine and, sure enough, the logo wiped off with just one swipe of a nail varnish remover-soaked cotton bud. So I've requested a refund and will now only buy replacements from reputable companies like Boots and Superdrug, even if it means paying more. The people interviewed on Fake Britain had had their fake toothbrush heads fall apart in their mouth and they very nearly swallowed a dangerous bit of plastic with a sharp nail on it, so the fakes are potentially very dangerous. Amazon, I presume you will be taking these off your website...?
51 people found this helpful
on 16 December 2013
I have been using an Oral b toothbrush for 6 years and have replaced the head about every year. I bought this product rather than a generic one. I should have saved my money. These cannot possibly be genuine Braun parts. They are absolutely useless. I have tried three so far and they have all disintegrated within two weeks, DO NOT BUY!!!!
26 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2014
These are not genuine Oral B toothbrushes! Don't buy them, they have cut and blistered the inside of both my upper and lower lip, after one week of use the head loosens to such an extent it jams your lip into the rotating head causing a great deal of pain. I am going to try and leave no stars but I'm sure it won't let me, so ignore that one star they're not worth it. I will be contacting trading standards as it is unlikely I will get my money back.
Amazon should pull this seller, I'm sure they won't though!
14 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2015
Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!! Classic case of "should have read the reviews"!!!! I am experiencing ALL of the horrible things described in other peoples reviews and looking at the pictures that people have posted I can definitely say that I have the ones they describe as fake! I have had the toothbrush head wobble and catch my lips on more than one occasion which made them bleed!! At first I thought I had just been stupid but then it caught my lip again and then another time! The bristles suspiciously don't change colour at all even after a month! They even have a different taste (the first thing I noticed). I compared them to ones I had bought from Boots and they're definitely different, I even think the bristles are harsher on my gums. What is wrong with people???? To make money out of fake or faulty toothbrush heads??? Get a proper job! Nowhere but the bin for these - unless Amazon want them posted back to them for evidence?
One person found this helpful
on 28 December 2015
DO NOT BUY THESE THEY ARE FAKE, I bought eight of these November 2015, after just a couple of uses the brush head becomes loose and pinches your inner lip under the head and has made my mouth bleed inside. I HAVE ASKED FOR A REFUND. I have written to Amazon and trading standards they must be stopped selling them they can seriously hurt your mouth. If you do buy them, look at the brush head after use, hold it gently with your fingers and it will wobble badly from side to side if you continue to use them this will get worse until the gap under the brush head gets so bad it will pinch the skin inside your mouth. DO NOT BUY THESE.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2015
See images and comments here: [...]

The bristle colours have changed since 2009 but the rest of the details are the same.

I found that the simplest details to spot are the number at the back of the head and the position of the steel pivot with respect to the 2 dots at the top of the brush head.

The bristles on the fakes feel much harder to the touch than on the genuine ones. You will also notice that the bristles at 12 and 6 o'clock are lighter on the fakes than on the genuine heads.
review imagereview imagereview image
3 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2014
These are fakes if you are buying them from cheap_shop_online, can't vouch for other sellers though. They either didn't work from the start or stopped working after a couple of uses. The brush heads also looked and felt cheaply made. If you want third party brush heads that stop working after a couple of uses there are lots more on amazon that you can buy for a fraction of the cost.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 February 2016
Initially they pinched my lips, then they started to disintegrate. There are several physical attributes to suggest these are not genuine Braun toothbrushes. I got an authorised return, sent them back, but they were refused and the package returned unopened.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2018
Standard Oral-B toothbrush heads needed for my electrick toothbrush, which I find clean my teeth thoroughly.
on 4 November 2015
I don't know if these heads were cheap imports but they fell to pieces after only short time in use. i did complain but was told the returns time had expired i now buy them on the highstreet
One person found this helpful