Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
DO NOT USE MAINS ADAPTER
on 12 November 2014
Before anything else, do not use the UK mains adapter provided, it is extremely unsafe and there's another review on here claiming that theirs melted. Ours just completely fell apart when I tried to remove it from the socket and actually gave me a small shock while I was trying to get the mess that was left unplugged.
We bought this with the hopes that it would help get our daughter to sleep (instead of swinging her back and forth in her moses basket) although it seems really nice online there's some really poor production and design going on here, for the price we paid (£65+) I would expect a lot better than this. My notes / problems below as I think we'll be returning this.
1. DO NOT USE THE MAINS ADAPTER PROVIDED!!! after the first time plugging it in I went to unplug it from a power bar and the entire portion that hooks into the mains fell apart in my hand and shocked me.
2. The position where the power adapter plugs into the control module is such that you have to make sure that the cable is well clear of the swinging chair if the wall socket is on the opposite side of the chair.
3. The swing has multiple settings for speed / strength, anything above the second setting causes the swing to knock hard against a plastic butt on the forward swing, it's jarring enough that it makes anything above setting 2 completely useless.
4. The music is not very good, it's very tinny sounding and has no volume control, as it's quite loud we refuse to use it.
5. The shoulder restraints for the harness to hold the child in the seat have no padding on them and could potentially cause chafing.
6. The swing chair is affixed to the main frame using a plastic push on clip, which seats into a groove in a metal post, this seems like it really wasn't that well thought out, the ring only takes a small amount of force to click into place and ok, the chair isn't going to be barreling down a highway or anything like that, but i'm worried that if I try to take this thing somewhere after awhile it's just going to come apart and become useless.
All in all, don't buy it, I'm returning mine as it's just really not up to snuff and I'll buy something from one of the mainstream manufacturers which are likely to have a bit better quality.