Customer reviews

Desfado
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 May 2013
My daughter heard an interview with Ana Moura on Women's Hour and she was blown away with a track from this CD, so as a surprise I purchased it as a gift - the whole CD is beautiful!
on 3 May 2013
Smooth, velvetty bliss. On the same comfort scale as Chocolate! Take it from a chocolate lover. Listen and allow yourselves to be seduced!!
on 6 September 2013
As a newcomer to Fado, I am hooked! I have driven everyone in my family mad by playing htis album over and over again - best played very loud too. Dreamy and seductive, with the necessary balance of sorrowful tones in keeping with Fado roots (I guess).
on 14 September 2016
Excelent!
on 27 October 2013
My collection of about 90 Fado Cds also contains all Ana Moura's previous albums and I greatly cherish them and was looking forward to this new release.
All I can say is that it was a great disappointment. This is not Fado ! It is an ill-fated attempt to 'jazzify' Fado. Ok, every musician will explore new ways in their career; as history shows often with negative results.
Why Ana Moura has turned away from what she is really good at, i.e. modern Fado, and tried to become a jazz singer, although with Fado undertones, is beyond me. Maybe it was the idea of her producers. But, and I hate to say this, there are quite a few GOOD female jazz singers, so why add a mediocre one.
The positive reviews show me that most of the reviewers have not had any, or at least not intensive, contact with Fado and may think that this album is representative of Fado. Well, it is not.
If you want some good modern Fado, then get some albums by Misia, Katia Guerreiro, Christina Branco, Mariza, Camane, Helder Moutinho and others. And of course: Get Ana Moura's previous recordings! Then you will understand what I mean.
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 June 2013
Heard Ana Moura on radio and immediately ordered this CD: arrived quite quickly; securely packaged and is a delight.....
was not familiar with this genre of music; her voice is absolutely beautiful.
on 28 January 2014
Its Fado taken into the 21st century. Great album. She is going to be a great international star. Very impressive.
on 28 August 2013
As I am a fan of Portugal and their music, I was quite pleased with this CD. after having heard it in Portugal
on 6 July 2013
The best collection of music by Ana ever. Some really lovely songs on the CD, we all enjoyed it very much.
on 14 August 2014
Love it. .....love it. .....love it. As you can see I LOVE IT! !!