Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 April 2017
I wasn't happy when the bulb in my main Neff oven failed. I thought it would be an easy job to remove the cover and replace the bulb. Wrong. I searched a certain video site and found mention of a cover removal tool. I looked at several and wondered if they would work. There were a number of negative reviews which made me wonder if the tool was any good.

The price was sensible so in the order went. Prompt Prime delivery. Package opened tool applied without a great deal of force and off came the cover. The tool was a good fit on the cover and did its designed job. I think there must have been someone on the production line somewhat stronger than me screwing the covers on!.

If your Neff main over lamp cover is stuck give this a try. It works. ;-)
on 7 March 2017
My Neff oven was only 2 years old when the bulb went. Despite the oven being clean and trying to remove the glass cover using rubber gloves, it would only move about an eighth of a turn. After many attempts I gave up and bought this replacement bulb and cover removal tool which worked a treat! So simple - it allows you to get a good leverage on the glass cover. Excellent!
on 28 September 2017
Useless. Like so many other people, I've had real trouble changing the light. I had one of these that worked previously, but not now. So, I bought another (this) that was cheap with a bulb. There is a reason. This is astoundingly horrible. It looks like a cheap cast of my Bosch rather than a genuine item. It is so thin, it simply bends. I cannot comment on the bulb as I still cannot change the bulb. Note to self: do not buy Bosch next time.But this does not work, cannot possibly work as it is too flimsy. Buy a bulb, not this two pack.
on 19 October 2017
Oh, it worked. Got nowhere trying to unscrew the bulb cover by hand, the rubber gloves I bought will come in handy but not for this job, but the removal tool just worked. Barely any resistance and it started unlocking just fine. Whether it's the leverage, grip, or forces you to apply pressure in all the right places I know not. But this is worth the small cost, and handily comes with the right replacement bulb. Just hope I can find it in a year or two for the next bulb!
on 30 September 2016
I must be doing something wrong - we have a Bosch double oven and the bulb cover in the main oven comes off easily (even without the tool), but the smaller top oven's bulb cover was proving to be a pain to remove by hand. I bought this tool thinking it would help, but it has no more effect than trying just by hand - the tool just slips off the cover.
on 13 September 2017
Awful tool. I had read great things about this so was very disappointed. The cup pops off the light housing as soon as any pressure is applied...the plastic flexes and does don't stay in the ridges. Light housing still happily in place...still cooking in the dark 😖 (By the way, my ovens are kept clean, there's no excessive build up of grease, I've tried steaming, using wrench in tea towel, hammer and wood and thus was a last resort....and it's not just a dodgy light housing...I have THREE Neff ovens in my kitchen and it works on 0).
on 4 September 2017
Disappointed with this order. The bulb is ok but the removal tool is useless. Tried several times to remove the glass cover but the removal just keeps slipping off the glass cover grab edges. Asked an electrician friend if he could remove, thinking he would apply the pressure to stop it slipping off. No luck. Eventually removed it with large plumber footprints.
on 12 August 2017
Pleased with the bulb and the device, which arrived promptly the next day although I hadn't requested next day delivery - and it was a Sunday!! The device itself didn't remove the glass bulb housing on its own, but having followed advice from elsewhere on the web (involving a wooden ruler, hammer and the unlocking device) I managed to remove the housing and change the bulb successfully. The challenge really lies with the oven manufacturer to come up with a better design of bulb housing.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 September 2016
The tool does not work. I have never had such problems removing a bulb cover.
To say Neff are supposed to be one of the best, they make life so difficult.
I have ordered a boa wrench to do the job.
on 30 March 2017
Boy was this difficult to remove, made a lot easier with the tool supplied. Had eventually to tap with wooden mallet to free original.