on 6 May 2013
I have ordered this card last week, to have it as a third set for my Nikon D800. I tested it first by copying around 58GB files from my computer using Lexar Professional USB 3.0 reader, and got around 18-19MB/Sec when the rated write speed was 40MB/Sec. So I tried some burst shot with D800, after 12 shots, the buffer went full, then it took about 2 minutes to clear the buffer. Doing the same thing with Sandisk Extreme 45MB/Sec card took 31 seconds to clear the buffer. I have now returned the item and bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC.

Safety features are good: Shock proof, x-ray proof, crash proof, magnetic proof and water proof. But the Sandisk Extreme cards have the features too plus the speed.
19 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 25 March 2015
Ordered 2 Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 80MB/s cards but actually I got just one 32GB card and 16GB MicroSD card with adapter instead of the second card.
The SDHC card looks to be counterfeit product. H2testw v1.4 Writing speed: 14.9 MByte/s and Reading speed: 23.3 MByte/s, which is slower even than my genuine cheap Samsung 32GB SDHC Plus Class 6 48MB/s card (tested side-by-side on the same equipment at the same time).
Card was formatted before in some Ricoh equipment so it is not new.
review imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 December 2013
I have a couple of Samsung SDHC cards already that I use in my other camera and video camera and have been using them for at least 2 years without any problems.

I recently bought a new 16MP camera and as file sizes are fairly big, I wanted something that would cope with a snap happy holiday without filling up, and also have a fast enough read and write time to ensure that I was not having to wait for images to be saved before the camera was able to capture the next image.

I have used the camera in Burst mode several times, and it seems to cope very well. I can't report on actual speeds, but it seems to suit my needs. A Pro user might be more concerned about access speeds ... A snapper like me will be OK.

For once, the capacity is slightly more than advertised, 32.08GB so no issues there.

Assuming that it performs as well as my existing Samsung cards, it will provide years of reliable and affordable data storage.
on 22 January 2014
I started with a microSD card from Amazon that was a total disaster. For a few pounds more I bought this card with the refund money. I did not get the rated speeds, but the file transfers were 2-3 times faster than for a 16GB Samsung card I was using as a temporary stopgap. It is almost filled (59GB) with mp3 files and has performed faultlessly during the production of massive playlists (11,000 tracks) and the loading and playback in my mp3 device.

I would expect it to work just as well in cameras, video recorders, phones and tablets although I am not in a position to test that. It came at a very competitive price.

I needed a full SD sized card as that was recommended for my device. If you must have a microSD sized card then this is not the card for you. That's a shame: It works really well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 December 2016
Well, it is certainly nowhere near as fast as it specifies. On my USB reader, it gets about 20MB/s reading and 17MB/s writing. I have much faster cards which actually don't make 80/40 claims...
In my Canon DSLR it still seems to write at under 20MB/s, so a burst of 8x25MB RAW takes about 10 secs to get written to the card.
At least it is not expensive.... and looks nice I guess?
So, just "OK" (3 stars) from me...
on 6 July 2013
I tested this card with my Samsung NX1000, and it handles burst mode with no problems, and full HD movies are recorded without any issues. I can get around 5300 pictures in Smart mode, and 3400 in P-mode (superfine quality).

I also put it in my laptop's card reader, which I know is limited around 20 MB/s, and it achieved this on both read and write. If I had put it in an USB 3.0 card reader, it would have reached its advertised speeds. While it's not the fastest card around, for this price you can't get much better.

Most compact and micro 3/4s cannot write on the card with more than 20 MB/s, so the card is adequate.

The only downside I could find is that the card came in an OEM-like packaging, in a jiffy bag and a card plastic case. However this was mentioned by the seller, so it did not constitute a problem for me.

Overall, an excellent buy !
on 10 June 2015
Its been quite a while (few months) i am using the 32 GB class 10 one on my Canon DSLR 60 D, the results i am getting out of this card are phenomenal. Captured high speed shots and all frames were captured with full clarity. Really happy with the results. 32 GB is a pretty decent space and i never even filled the card half way on any of my single trip (I take more photo's and less high def videos so maybe). Had no issues capturing High def Videos so far.
Happy purchase which helped me get out the true potential from my DSLR.
on 30 July 2014
What a great looking piece of kit this memory card is. It actually makes you proud to remove it for others to see. Couple this with excellent performance and a not too bad price tag and you have an all round winner in every respect. It currently resides in my Nikon DSLR where it is doing a stellar job. You will not be disappointed with it and I can say it matches or out performs any SD card I have ever owned.
on 27 June 2014
Have used these cards as I find them good value and reliable! I shot a lot with Nikon D800 which delivers large file sizes and this card handles the job very well.

I also shot with a Fuji x-pro1 where write speeds are slow! The Samsung helps make this process bearable.

Friends of mine swear by other leading brands but Samsung has given me confidence due to its reliabilty! Other cards have failed for me.

Best
David
UK
on 1 November 2013
I purchased this to use with my Canon 600d due to the speed and class rating and it has worked perfectly for my needs. I haven't done any read/write tests like other reviewers as I already know that my computer is limited to around 20MB/s so there is not much point.

In terms of build quality it is well made and pretty solid, it also looks good which although not really important is always an added extra.

When I come to purchase another SDHC card it will definitely be in this range.