TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 June 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable, totally barmy film! I watched this in 3D and the vampires certainly do leap out at you in their toothy gory glory, so do try to view in 3D if you can. The plot roughly follows Lincoln's life from a young boy up until his time as president, but there are plenty of deviations into the vampire-infested undergrowth along the way - this shouldn't work as the idea is totally barmy, but it is brilliantly done and a pleasure to watch. I enjoyed it far more than the likes of Van Helsing which I found quite dull by comparison.

Benjamin Walker was ok as Lincoln, but I think the role really needed someone with a bit more gravitas. His guide to the vampire world, Dominic Cooper, was very good, though and very convincing in his role. But Rufus Sewell stole the acting credits with his smouldering portrayal of the intensely evil and intimidating master vampire.

Well worth a watch - and I'm now looking forward to the next in the series, which could (should!) be "Winston Churchill - Vampire Hunter" in which Young Winston leads the Kaiser's vampires a merry dance in the years leading up to, and including WW1 ;-)
3 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2018
Such a stupid storyline but I loved it! The title says it all but there is so much more behind it. Watch how a young boy living in poverty leaves home to find his way in the world, gets a job to pay his rent, then into politics and eventually becomes the President of the USA!
In his spare time he learns how to kill vampires, from a stranger he meets in a pub.
Well to cut a long story short, fast forward to the Civil War and Abe is President but those boys down south just aint dying when they're shot, Could they be Vampires????
Love the CGI with the bridge, but you'll have to buy the DVD to see it.
on 23 April 2016
Very different from the usual vampires one against another, exciting to watch so sit very still and you wont be noticed. Blood thirsty creatures roam the U.S. making its very own domain. Now Abraham Lincoln has other ideas so who is going to win this battle well you'll have to watch to see the outcome. I'm not really into vampires but this held my interest so I rated this an A grade plus for the storyline and the actors playing their parts in true profession. Creatures verses mankind sounds good but better watching from the sideline. Fantastic from beginning to end with fast paced action and thrills you wont want to miss anything so try to relax in your chair, hold the popcorn very tight for a spooky night in with a fabulous movie and great entertainment waiting to start. Enjoy!
on 30 September 2015
If you like your superhero movies to be tongue-in-cheek then you can't get much better than this! What if the Great Emancipator was a vigilante by night, fighting the undead, while battling Congress by day? That's the basis of this novel movie which features the excellent actor Dominic Cooper. I think a twelve-year-old could safely watch this movie provided he looks away from the really gory bits but the gore is mostly blood-spatter and quick decapitation. It's a cool action flick for those who need a break from conventional History and could use a bit of fun. Amazing special effects and an exciting score, with good acting performances all round. And of course the villain is a suave Briton!
The disc format is comprehensive and a pleasure to use.
on 23 August 2014
This is a typical Tim Burton production: surreal, outlandish and so totally crazy as to border on the deeply offensive - I can't imagine that many good old boys in the deep South were amused by the depiction of some of their Confederate forces at Gettysberg as vampires. However, all that said, I somehow enjoyed this movie - probably because Burton didn't get around to directing it. It may also have something to do with the fact that the cast appear to be so into this fast and furious but totally daft nonsense that it's impossible not to get caught up in it. I did find one or two things jarred a bit --- if one of the vampires was strong enough to throw a horse at him ---how come Abe was able to go hand to hand with his opponent.

Chris Allen is a Technical Author and crime writer with the following books available through Amazon:
Reality Shaper: The Quantum Detective -- His latest novel
Parallel Lifetimes
The Beam of Interest: Taken by Storm
Hypnotic Tales 2013: Some Light Some Dark
Call of the Void: The Strange Life and Times of a Confused Person: 1
on 21 January 2017
God this film is incredible, I'd read the book and thought (as most do) that this would be a great disappointment.

How wrong I was and happily I'll admit to it

Great film, fantastic scenes and awesome vampire killer action

A must to rent a need to buy
2 people found this helpful
on 31 March 2017
Entertaining. As History should be. And accurate. As History should be.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2013
As usual no film jargon.
Did I like it? =yes.
Would I watch it again? = yes.
Value for money? = yes.
I actually wavered on buying this film as I thought the title was naff and therefore the film must be the same.
I was surprised! It is well acted. The CGI is excellent, and obviously money has been spent wisely in its making.
The concept of the story is still naff, but the writers have been very clever in the way they have woven it within historical facts.
Glad I eventually bought this film - it is really good. RJC.
on 13 February 2013
Some good graphics, and scenery, but the story line and flow is very poor.
At the end of it, I thought - what was the point behind that.
Watch it and make up your own mind.
Bought this one for the ultraviolet so that I could download it and watch it on my kindle fire - that bit was fine, but I've deleted it now because its not a film I would watch more than once.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2017
A really good film that has a good storyline and it is very entertaining. If you like the vampire films then this is one for you.