on 8 January 2014
I have read forty or so disc world books up to now and some of them are right cracking good works of art ,that' is what a good book is it paints a picture of what it look and feels and smells and tastes and only then does the tale begin well , this is nothing like that , you see is a companion or a sort dictionary as it explains who on earth people are and their place in the way of the world or I should say discworld
on 15 March 2013
It was given as a present to a Terry Pratchet fan so I am sure it will be well loved.
on 15 July 2013
What a rip-off. It is a very poor (and sometimes badly written) companion. It glosses over some quite major characters, suggests others may still be alive (although dead in the original book) and its full of stuff from books that have nothing to do with Discworld. A good companion (no pun intended) should detail facts, list the characters, situations, locations and any other relevant materiel. This book fails miserably!
on 29 August 2016
This book is on the most absorbing from the Pratchett I have read, it is not only amusing in its write it keeps reminding one of may of the episodes in the Discworld series, as it comes in small slices you can pick it up and put it down any time.
on 17 December 2012
A fascinating compendium of (almost) everything you wanted to know about Discworld and have been unafraid to ask. Thanks to Terry and Stephen for continuing to provide us with the little details that we are so fond of reaing about.
on 15 February 2013
An excellent addition to the Discworld series. You can use it if you are a fan to help recall lost facts. If you are new to Discworld, it helps to orientate you in this complex but exciting series.
on 20 April 2015
If one is a fan of the Discworld series this is a must have. I have yet to re read some of the books so I not sure if I agree with all the statements in this book. I may have mis-remembered things?
on 18 December 2012
I am building a full Pratchett collection and products like this add value to the price of the collection, packaging, delivery and product were all spot on. Thank you.
on 6 January 2013
Fun book for the true fan i dont think its for the novis discworld reader but if you really want to know the inns and outs this is the book
on 13 September 2015
I keep this where I can read it in pieces, ie the bathroom. I enjoy it very much indeed. The wit and wisdom keeps flowing