on 18 January 2013
I bought this product after looking at the huge number of positive reviews.
Now I understand why : the company is offering a free additional case for people writing a review about their product on amazon...

Nevertheless, here are my thoughts on the product:
This case is in gel, which means that it absorbs shocks easily but it also means that it is quite flexible. And this is the problem: because the case is so flexible, it has to wrap the edges of the ipad mini quite extensively and the end result is that the case comes like 2mm above the screen level. This is not a source of problem at all if the ipad mini is on its own with this case. However with a smart cover this spoils everything because you cannot close it properly against the screen since this gel case is covering the borders too high. When the smart cover is closed, there is a gap in between the screen and the cover. I am afraid that with time this could deform the smart cover and make it curved.

I now chose to go with Poetic ThinShell Back Smart Cover Partner Case for iPad Mini Clear which is a hard plastic transparent case. Thanks to its ridgidity, it doesn't need to wrap the edges so much and allows a perfect closure of the smart cover over the ipad mini screen. After some reflection, this was a much better choice of back cover for my ipad mini.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2012
This is a straightforward but completely effective back cover which does the job perfectly. It works seamlessly with the Smart Cover and is easy enough to fit (just tight enough to ensure it doesn't work loose). 100% recommended - there is no earthly reason to spend more when this product is available. Oh and the delivery was extremely quick as well.
on 19 November 2012
Although the colour of my case did not match the apple cover exactly, all holes were in the right place for my ipad mini. This fits well, feels good, and fits with my ipad mini cover.

This was a good buy
on 19 April 2013
This arrived swiftly, however I wish it had not arrived at all. Extremely difficult to fit onto my new 16GB iPad mini. I must say that I only bought this to use whilst I waited to buy a griffin survivor case as I use them for all my apple products (iPad 2, new iPad, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5), but to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered. I always use mediadevil magicscreen screen protectors for all my apple devices as they are by far the best on the market. However, after fitting this screen protector I tried for the second time to fit the samrick back cover and all it did was piss me off as well as push up the edges of my screen protector causing it to develop air bubbles under the protector. The corners of the back cover particularly the two corners by the cut out for a smart cover - are so solid and in-flexible they are very awkward to fit. Whilst all this annoyed me I put up with the back cover for several hours whilst I set up my iPad mini including loading video files to watch that evening, upon which I noticed that the iPhone 5 headphones that I use would not fit into the iPad mini due to the back cover obscuring the port sufficiently enough to stop the headphone jack fitting fully into the port! That was the last straw and the back cover came off my iPad mini and straight into the bin. Thoroughly fed up over the whole thing. Have now bought the griffin survivor case and fitted my mini into that. Done.SAMRICK - Apple iPad Mini (WiFi + 3G) - Back Cover Tough Hydro Companion Smart Gel Protective Case works with GENUINE Apple iPad Mini Smart Cover (Smart Cover NOT Included) - Blue
on 10 April 2016
Give your money to charity or throw them in the bin they would still better spent. The item arrived on time however there is no way it fits my iPad Mini Retina the material and cut isn't just right, it fits three corners and leave one complety out because making it useless, I assume that is what you get for the money.......It went straight to the bing, seller should stop selling this item as it is a waste of plastic.
VINE VOICEon 4 October 2015
I recently splashed out £49.99 for an Apple silicone back cover for another iPad mini of mine. Deciding that I had spent enough money for now on super expensive Apple cases, I decided to find something on Amazon for circa 10% of the price to do the same job, so I bought this.

It fits, sort of. It could be a little bit more snug. Also, the cut out area for the charging point is not perfectly aligned with the socket , which makes it fiddly/difficult to insert the lighting charger. The texture isn't that pleasant - it's not soft silicone but is more of a rough hatched texture on the back.
on 17 January 2013
This is cheap no doubt about it but it seems to fit just fine and will give the ipad mini protection. All cut outs are in the correct place and the fit is snug the smart cover (Apple) fits fine with it.
It is not however translucent there is no apple logo on the back as suggested by the photograph.
Also in the packet comes an inducement to write a product review in order to get a free gift! Surely this breaches Amazons "rules". I have always reviewed purchases so no inducement for me but it may explain the 280 + reviews for a tablet case!
Three stars only.
on 14 March 2013
I bought two of these, one for my iPad mini and one for my wife's. They were a snug fit and, whilst not particularly beautiful, seemed like they would do the job pretty well. Once fitted, though, the plastic material which formed the cut-out for the iPad's speakers hung slack, with several millimetres of loose material standing away from the surface of the iPad. It looks to me as if some sort of reinforcement is needed around the speaker cut-out, but as it is, the product is useless. Both items returned for refund.
on 6 December 2012
Great product all the holes seem to be in the right place and a nice and simple fit and as it it made from a soft gel like material will not slip through your hand like some other models
on 4 January 2013
The first thing I wanted to do with my iPad mini was to protect it straight out the box and this cover was not the answer. It arrived out of shape and is basically a cheap piece of plastic finished poorly.

IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE! You think it looks well made like what you see but far from it!

I'm returning it immediately and just going to a high street store to find a cover which I can try on my iPad mini before I buy. One which I know fits snug and will protect the whole of the iPad and not leave exposed holes. Even the slit for the sleep cover is way too big a gap. Another product I purchased which I will be returning due to its poor quality.

You are better off getting a screen protector and a better made case used in conjunction with this device.