Customer reviews

Shimano Unisex Adults' E-SHR088W Road Biking Shoes White Size: 10 UK
Size: 10 UK|Colour: White - White|Change
Price:£63.90 - £108.51

on 31 July 2015
Needed a replacement pair as one of my other two pairs of cheap Aldi-purchased MTB shoes suffered a catastrophic cleat and sole failure and as I couldn't wait until they appeared at Aldi again, went for Shimano and these because they state "wide fitting".

I have a high instep and a wide-ish foot - but not `"flappy" feet - and size 8 shoes from Next always fit like a glove but in my experience having occasionally tried Shimao on in shops, they are too tight for me to even get into so I thought I would give these a try.

I ordered a size up, 44 instead of my usual 43, and I'm glad I did as there isn't much to spare but with the right socks, they are a nice comfortable fit with a stiff sole and providing plenty of support, especially when standing on the pedals so all in all, I struck lucky.

One thing I don't like is that the cleats (you do need your own) aren't flush with the sole as they are on the much cheaper Aldi MTB shoes I've had which makes walking into pubs after a ride - cafes for serious bikers - a bit jittery and clackety clack, especially if they have tiled floors.

Flush with sole cleats would have earned an extra *, but then the whole shoe design would have been different anyway so overall I'm pleased with the quality and the price.
on 15 October 2013
update******

been using them all week now and they are so nice to cycle in to work in, so comfortable and with the shimano fixed cleats they work a treat, I would recommend getting the shimano overshoe covers just to keep them nice and clean for the summer,

I ordered these and they arrived a couple of days later so quick, and the shoes I ordered were too small down to my own fault so I contacted the seller and they got in touch straight away and assisted me in getting the correct shoe size for me. After sending mine back my new shoes turned up a few days later with no extra charges, so overall fantastic service. Thanks
on 22 September 2015
My shoe size is 43 (9 uk) and I found my first pair of R088 cycling shoes too small. I therefore wanted a pair which were a size bigger. Unfortunately the size graph on the site was confusing as it seemed to give only 1/2 size increments, ie. UK 9.5, 10.5 etc. So I went for the 10.5 but these are a tad too big. That said, they do allow for a lovely warm thick pair of socks in chilly climes so I'm actually quite pleased. Strange I know?
on 20 July 2015
These are a good value. Comfortable, Look good. Easy to use ratchet system for tightening. Big improvement from my budget MuddyFox shoes. I like the flexible threading at the bottom, they can take a Shimano road-bike or mountain-bike cleat.

The way the shoe is assembled and stitched is probably not as precise as I would expect from a Shimano product. I've deducted a point for sloppy workmanship.

Also, 12 is the first size that didn't pinch my toes though Id normally go for a 10.5.

Good shoes, happy with this purchase.
on 4 December 2015
I love these. They look good and the ratchet feels secure. My first clip shoes, I ride with these 100% of the time now.

If you have narrow feet like me expect to wear two pairs of socks and also careful of taking the ratchet past the point where the release mechanism won't depress - they will let you do this, I got them off eventually though!
on 13 May 2016
Buyer beware, these shoes are far too small, I ordered a side above and my toes stil hit the ends and when you have to send them back through no fault of your own you have to pay the postage to "France", total rip off.........
on 26 August 2015
Arrived early. Super comfy and fit great. I ordered using the mm measurements as shoe sizes vary per brand, I looked at my trainers and got the same size and I would recommend doing the same. No problems what so ever. First time using clip ins so wasn't sure what to expect but they are super comfy and definitely feel good value for money. Look neat too.
on 10 October 2015
Great shoes
on 23 February 2015
Excellent cycling shoe - get RED cleats (not the grey that I bought)
on 1 September 2015
Very Happy with the purchase. The fit is just as expected and has improved the daily ride - thank you