Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 March 2013
Superb compilation by John Rutter and Catrin Finch. Some of Rutter's music I love and some I find the opposite. This is definitely one I love.

The first 3 tracks are Rutter's compositions: the first I find reminescint of a bubbly brook, and the other two are more lilting; although all 3 are brilliant and combine the talents of Catrin Finch playing harp and Sinfonia Cymru brilliantly.

The next 3 tracks form Catrin Finch's Celtic Concerto: the first is jigajig and that describes the music well and it contains some rapid harp playing so you imagine how fast the harpist's fingers are playing; the second track of this concerto is slower and the third reminds me of rolling hills.

Next comes 3 welsh folk songs: only one has words and this is in welsh. However the very last piece on this cd is also sang by Elin Manahan Thomas and this time in english. Her enunciation is very good so you clearly hear the words as she sings, and although I don't understand welsh, you do get the same feeling for the welsh folk song. Of the two folk songs without singing they feel like songs in the way the music is played. One of these combines the harp with the oboe - not something I would naturally put together but actually it works extremely well.

After the folk songs is some more Rutter, principally his suite lyrique which has french influences but is more superb harp music in a similar vein to the previous pieces.

Overall a great CD and well worth listening to.
on 30 March 2017
good
on 28 November 2012
What an absolutely brilliant album. Beautifully composed and arranged in every way. Listing to it is pure bliss. . .a few of the tracks sent shivers down my spine. Truly beautiful. You wont be disappointed if you purchase this.
on 23 November 2012
Absolutely beautiful music, always been a fan of John Rutter and the whole CD is gorgeous, but i particularly love the Celtic Concerto composed by Catrin - its breathtaking harp and gives me those spine tingles when a piece is really emotive - can imagine it as a film soundtrack for something epic! Christmas is easy this year, multiple purchases intended!
on 12 November 2012
What an absolutely fantastic recording. John Rutter's music is brought to life in a way I never imagined possible by the sublime musicality of Catrin Finch. Catrin's own works though are the highlight of this CD- what a debut! Absolutely brilliant to hear the wonderful ELin Manahan Thomas and Sinfonia Cymru on here too. This CD is a must for any fans of John Rutter, the harp, Wales and Music in general.Buy it!
on 5 December 2012
Beautiful, unusual voice and gorgeous lyrics. I'd never heard it before and liked it instantly. Thank you very much, that's all
on 2 January 2013
I very much enjoy using this music @ night. I play it just before I sleep & it helps me to switch off the worries of the day & focus on a deeper more Spiritual side to life, which also aids restful sleep. I was only disappointed that because I downloaded onto my mobile phone I didn't get my digital booklet. Shara
on 12 February 2013
A lovely CD , especially the parts I was interested in - Catrin Finch's Celtic Contero is a pleasure. But then the rest of the CD is good, too. John Rutter has yet to disappoint. Well satisfied.
on 17 April 2014
I really enjoy listening to this music, it's calming and soothing so pleasant to listen to. I played some of the tracks to a class of Primary school children as part of 'listening and appreciating' music, they all gave it a good review and they are very hard to please! Buy it if you like melodic music.
on 3 December 2012
This is just what can be expected when 2 brilliant people collaborate. Stunning music by everybody involved, including the production team.