Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.23

on 4 February 2013
The story is great and I was really enjoying it until the Reviews started overlaying the text, blocking whole paragraphs and making reading very fractured and disjointed. Its such a shame as I eventually just gave up in frustration.

Fortunately I got this book free, otherwise I would most certainly have demanded a refund.

Author needs to sort this out quickly
on 1 February 2013
This book is hard to put down, even for a non-native English speaker like me (so I'm not going to comment on the writing, even though I enjoyed it thoroughly). Whether the idea is original or not quite so, it got me. I actually skipped the chapters that contain the contents from The Scroll---the ebook that this book is about, because I was a bit scared that it might have mysterious power and I might end up like the victims in this book...

As other reviewers have mentioned, this book is hard to read when it comes to the bit with Amazon reviews of The Scroll. Looks like there's not enough space between lines for the pictures, so the text is hidden under the pictures. HOWEVER, I managed to read almost all the words beneath the pictures by setting Line Spacing and Word Size to maximum (not for the whole book, apparently, unless you really need it that way). It is annoying as I needed to change the settings everytime when there's an Amazon review, but to me it is worth the effort, and the idea of including Amazon reviews is quite interesting.

The other thing: There are certain paragraphs (near the end) made up of misspelled words, the letters of which rearranged, but caused little difficult to read. I think they are intentionally spelled that way, but can't figure out why yet. Maybe it's because that I missed some important information while reading, or that I skipped the chapters from The Scroll, which I'm not going to read whatsoever... If anyone finds out the reason please tell me :)

p.s. I read this ebook on Kindle Keyboard from beginning to end--except the chapters of The Scroll--with no stuck or blank pages.
on 31 January 2013
Was enjoying the book until reviews appeared and covered some of the book text,also got to 10% and just got blank pages after that, glad it was free, if I'd paid for it I'd return it for a refund. Have deleted it now, was annoyed as it seemed to be a book I would have enjoyed.
on 25 February 2013
Good title for a plot involving a scroll within a book within a book - and all about ereaders. The first time I got the message on my kindle that I needed to recharge I had to double check then realised it was all part of the setting of the book. Cleverly done and only after finishing did I think about a few questions I would have liked answered in the story.
on 27 February 2013
This book started really well and i thought it was going to be fabulous but then it fell apart. The story went off at a tangent that probably only the author understands, very disappointing.
I would recommend it to a film maker who could use the idea but with a better story otherwise don't waste your time.
on 21 April 2013
As other reviewers I've got to the part where the review comes up but sadly you can't read the paragraph underneath. This is the second time this happen, also at 4%. I've had to give up even though it could be a really good book. If this gets sorted out I could give it another go.
on 6 April 2013
Very clever idea, mixing cutting edge technology and fantasy. Intelligent heroine, handsome boyfriend, goth, animals......something for everyone. Loved Jan's conversations with Emily...only a cat person would really get this.
Very scary outcome if Jan was not strong enough. Makes me look at my Kindle with mixed feelings now....must say I still prefer a real book just like Jan.
Anyone whatever age or sex would enjoy this book...looking forward to reading more books by this newly discovered author.
on 31 January 2013
Went into this book like a train derailed, suddenly ,nothing , zip,zero. The ebook got stuck at location 403 and would not move. There were , what looked like notes in amongst the story and reviews for "The Scroll" but it was so messed up I could not fathom it out. Sorry to say I gave up. If it is a problem with editing and the problem is fixed I will have another go, but until then.........
on 7 February 2013
The plot for this book was great, not what I expected at all. It almost had me believing something bad would happen to me too if I read it. Would have given it 5 stars but the layout was hard to work through (could have done with different font for chapters of the book she was reading, and a page was repeated twice), but otherwise great.
on 18 March 2013
First few pages i thought id chosen this book in error then story got going and is highly addictive rad which made me think twice about e-readers!!