Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 May 2017
great CD
on 9 February 2013
First of all watch out, it's a reissue of Keith's Christmas album from years ago, but with 3 additional tracks, all of them worthy of inclusion. If you have got the original, you may want to think twice about buying it, if you don't then I would say this is an excellent album, with traditional Christmas music given a the Emerson treatment together with new songs. A very varied album & one of my favourites!
on 7 January 2013
This is a great album with lots for the ELP fans, and for fans of superb musicianship. I was around in the studios when this was recorded originally, and had a cassette version, but was looking for a CD version. This is my all time favourite Christmas album, and Christmas just wouldn't be the same without it!
on 17 January 2013
Keith Emerson is regarded as one of the best keyboard players of the progressive rock era. I was replacing a cassette version of the album. The album has alternative versions of recognised Christmas music, but my best track is Captain Starship Christmas which appears to be an original piece.
on 17 February 2014
A Christmas Album without (hardly) any vocals !?
This album has sat in my loft in vinyl format for 20 years, and I hadn't realised how much I'd missed it.
We Three Kings, stand out track, with funky back beat, is awesome and variations on 'Bethlehem' is an under statement.
The newly added Glorietta's defintaley benefit the album adding to its individualism, although the mixing (clumsy loud bass) on what could have been the star track, Troika, (another new addition) is a disappointment.
Those who have owned this before will just start their CD player at No.2 as per the original.

Well recommended for all prog and Keith Emerson fans
on 24 December 2016
What might have been if this album had been recorded in the late sixties or early seventies? Could have been just great. Here we have one of the greatest musicians of all time play with his toys and sounding small. Those were the days in the horrible eighties when all you got was pounding and lifeless drum machines and childish and cheap synth sounds all over the place. A missed opportunity you might say. Anyway, now that it is Christmas, I played the album twice and had fond memories of Keith Emerson, a musical giant and genius.
on 13 December 2014
Keith Emerson is the reason I love music. (It was ELPs version of Nutrocker on Pictures at an Exhibition that got me going...) I have never looked back since. (OK, I still think Love Beach was dreadful...) I have tried to get this Christmas Album for years - now I have it! It makes Christmas for me. It is Keith working well on his version of classics and some of his own work. Would not be without it.
on 23 January 2014
This is a good CD from a brilliant musician. Great variety on this Christmas Album. Is this a classic album? Probably not hence the 4 stars - but it is worth it.
on 11 January 2016
Fantastic album. Even better for having two more tracks than the old cassette.