on 27 March 2015
The 2013 version of MS Office Home and Business has basically very similar functionality to the 2010 version, plus (apparently) touch screen capabilities, which I have no use for.

The look and feel are only slightly different to Office 2010. It now takes en extra step in Word to 'save as...[another file name]', and menu / ribbon titles are now all in capitals and look shouty to me. But I can't say these are major issues to me

I got Office Home and Business 2013 because it was cheaper than the 2010 version.

I have given 3 stars as Office 2013 does the job, but does not give me anything that's better than Office 2010.
on 15 November 2014
Don't buy it! It does not work. You get a nicely packaged but blocked product key for a 2010 product. There is no way you can use it on anything as the Microsoft site doesn't accept it. I have returned it for a refund and bought a subscription to Office 365 from MIcrosoft. That's valid for 5 devices and you get Publisher too, for $8 a month.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 30 January 2014
I tried to install this product to be greeted by a stark Microsoft message that the product could not be used in my region! Checked the small print on the MS packaging to see "Only for distribution in USA/Canada"!! Called Amazon customer services and they were excellent in sorting it out, but someone should have checked the product was valid to sell in the UK before shipping!

I see Amazon have now placed a (temporary) message against the product listing as, clearly, they've had a few customers call about this problem.

I was disappointed to see that lessons were not learned as there is previous feedback on here of a customer with exactly the same issue in Nov 2013 (two months ago).

Come on Amazon, check the product before you ship it!
on 23 April 2014
I have several email accounts, conventional and gMail based. Transfer of the .pst files was not so easy and sub-folders have not transferred at all. These will have to be transferred manually by way of attachments and the sub-folders will have to be reconfigured.

I still haven't managed to set up my gMail synch ... and the Help menus are not great.

Otherwise, I am open minded about the new features and I have tried to ignore the many "nay sayers" that want the old approach to icons, etc. Embrace it and I'm sure it will be fine.

Bearing in mind that Outlook was the main reason I bought the more expensive "Business" edition, MS should offer a more effective transfer for Outlook 2010 users.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 July 2013
I bought it for my new Windows 8 laptop with the intention that the suite modules would be fully integrated especially when using Outlook as my email client and along with its address book and calendar it would sync easily with my Windows 8 Nokia phone. This has proved tricky and was only achieved by a tortuous process initially to populate the data from my older desktop PC (running Office Professional 2003) via my iPhone! After that sync via SkyDrive required a Microsoft account to be set up with an associated internet email address (which did not have to be a Hotmail or Outlook address). Altogether a learning experience which consumed time & effort but should not have been necessary with a more fully integrated design. I also consider that this version of Office should be able to be installed on 2 PCs eg. laptop & desktop.
on 2 February 2014
Good update on MS Office 2003-07, however not significant changes to MS 2010. It has a nice clean look, and Outlook especially works very slickly. The look is a personal choice but I prefer the minimalist look.

Beware of licensing issues if the product is not for your region i.e.. US & Oceania only. It took me a while to sort this one out. However it is possible to license a non-UK version in the UK by running the set-up and entering the license key from the DVD 32bit installer run as set-up /admin. It took me a while to find this out and wasn't made clear at point of sale. Trying to register the product key on-line from the MS Office site was rejected, so as I say license it using the DVD provided.

But all in all very good SW and Microsoft holds the standard.
on 11 November 2015
Very large amazon box for such a small item. Just a card nowadays rather than a disc. Suppose it's 99% profit for Microsoft. ...

Still, it's genuine and works as it should.
on 7 May 2015
Don't buy this!!! I downloaded mine but encountered problems, and after over an hour web chatting / screen sharing with Microsoft was advised it was either a fake copy or had already been used! Refund processed without issue, but could have done without the hassle. Went for 365 online in the end, better product for less money and I would STRONGLY advise it.
on 9 February 2014
Seven years ago I changed from MS Office to a free software offering. The functions were fine, but a few times I had problems and no one to ask for help. Also a few time I lost data when backups didn't back everything up. I therefore decided to go back to MS Office and am pleased with using this software again. But most pleased be cause when I on a Saturday encountered a problem I couldn't solve, the free helpline (included in the lease fee) spent more than an hour with me and solved the problem. That was worth the change.
on 13 September 2015
It's my own fault for not paying attention, but this is a discless install, you need to login and download office from microsoft using the key provided, just a heads-up for others buying.

Still great and a good price though, no complaints!