Style Name: Carpet Cleaner Only|Change

on 21 April 2013
I read reviews of various cleaners before making this purchase - it is expensive - and now, having bought and used this cleaner i can say that you won't regret buying it.
Easy to assemble, i tried it out on the cream loose pile bedroom carpet 1st.
It was a little bit bulky to fit between some areas but the hose and attachments sorted this problem and the carpet came up a treat. I'd hoovered everything first and the cleaner got even more gunk up. I have two cats that sneak into the bedroom so there was lots of hairs. Made me wonder what the hell my dyson is doing!!!
The second carpet (living room) i wasn't too sure if it would make any difference on, being a woven type rather than loose pile.
I've had professional cleaners come and clean this carpet for me and not being that impressed i've hired industrial cleaners and done it myself - real hard work for not that much gain. And after using the Bissell on it yesterday i am amazed!!!
It was so much easier to use than anything i've hired and has brought it up like new. The carpet's been down for over 10 years. The 'pile' so to speak had squashed right down and was darker in the high traffic areas....not anymore it isn't!!!
Both carpets were left dry enough to walk on half an hour after.
Not long after cleaning it i knocked over a glass of vimto which came flying off the table all over my newly cleaned carpet, much to my partners amusement! But that wasn't a problem, i just lifted off the machine from it's base, got the hose out, and the pink patches were gone within minutes.....it's sooo easy!
There's two reasons why i've only given it four stars.
1. because to use the hose you have to take the tank from off the base. So it's a good idea to do all the bits where the cleaner can't get to before everything else. Otherwise you end up with wet knees/constantly removing and replacing the portable bit.
2. Because the hose isn't really long enough to do the stairs. So the portable will have to be held somehow as you clean. It is quite heavy and too big to balance on one of my standard sized steps without being held. It reached enough for me to do two.
But, despite these two flaws, i would definately reccommend this product and i'm very happy with my purchase.
on 31 March 2012
Bought one of these from Argos this morning (£299 in March 2012)to replace my old Bissell - which served incredibly well for about 7 years. WOW have they made improvements! I love that the body of the machine lifts off - so easy to clean the stairs, its so much lighter - probably because the tanks are smaller - but hey - I used to use 3-4 tanks of the old machine to clean the hallway (dogs) to get it MY clean, this did the job well with only 1 tank. Admittedly stubborn stains (teenagers) took several sweeps, but well impressed. The hose on my old machine was cumbersome and kept falling off mid clean - it wrapped around the upright of the machine, this one is coiled around one side of the body, so should be easier! My one gripe is I can't see the scrubber bringing the dirt up - but this MIGHT have stopped me over saturating the carpets like I used to!

Argos kindly gave me a £10 voucher, so I bought more fluid!! If buying within the next couple of days (30.3.12) go to Argos (sorry Amazon - but I still love you!!) but if you want a quality machine that will clean your carpets to a high standard BUY THIS MACHINE
on 24 June 2015
Excellent unit, I have over 20 years experience as an Estates Manger in a care home group , I have a engineering background, I have tested more carpet machines than I would like to remember, all of varying features, the most common type of machine I see spays a fine mist on the carpet, the salesman moves the unit back and forth and then says, "feel the carpet, feel how dry it is" and this is supposed to impress, and the fact that the units are sold on the water saving gimmick, I don't want to save water, I want to clean my carpets, after researching for 2 months an domestic unit for home I bought this one, excellent buy, it works on the principle of pumping lots of water into the carpet, trapping the dirt in solution then the very powerful vacuum removes the dirty water, in an averaged size room you may need to refill the unit 6-7 times, but the effects on the carper is amazing, and in less than 20 minutes the floor is completely dry, I just use warm water around 40o and no chemicals which just end up trapping more dirt into the carpet fibres, I would recommend this carpet cleaner to anyone, and with the robust construction, I won't be buying another unit for a considerably long time.
on 9 March 2013
The Bissell is very good at cleaning carpets the only reason I didn't give it 5 is because I find it heavy.
on 12 May 2013
Bissell is the top name in cleaning products for a reason this product just highlights why, brought the hall carpet back to showroom standard, its easy to lift off and use on the stair carpets, its that good i had to show the cleaner to people as they didnt believe it wasnt professionally cleaned. Top Rated Product
on 9 July 2013
Spent a lot of time reviewing other cleaners to replace the Quickwash bissell we already had, and finally decided to purchase the top model especially as it had just been reduced to a lower price than the one I was about to purchase. What a difference this cleaner makes after only one use compared to the original cleaner, and with far less effort.
on 22 May 2013
I purchased this carpet washer as the rooms needed to be refreshed and their was a lot of traffic marks in the sitting room. Unfortunately the long handle has to be attached before you start and this was a bit of a task in itself. There are 2 screws at the bottom and then 2 that need to go up into the handle. I found this hard work to be honest as I could hardly get the screw driver to go up as the support handle was in the way. Once I got over this hurdle I got the machine up and running and got the sitting room cleaned in no time. It did do a really good job and definitely did a deep clean as the dirty water was fill up with fluff/dirt from the carpet yet I'd only hovered it before I'd started. Its a bit heavy to push and the clean water holder needed to be filled up at least 6 times to get the room cleaned all in all it was worth buying and I can't wait to get the car cleaned tomorrow.
on 31 October 2015
This is my first review having shopped on Amazon for years. If this was a cheap machine I'd say "you get what you pay for", but this isn't! Although this machine works reasonably well......when working......this has been a rarity. I bought mine just over a year ago, and have just got back from delivering it to the council tip. Firstly, it is quite difficult to assemble, so don't expect it to work out of the box. Secondly, given the very 'physical' nature of the job this machine needs to do the plastic is far too flimsy. Soon after I bought it the upholstery handle broken (I was able to repair it by reinforcing it with metal 'mending strips'). Thirdly, I think it is just too complex, and there are so many things that can break.....the next problem was the belt repeatedly coming off the brushes......then water pump ceased up.....I was able to free it once, but this involved stripping the whole machine down (thereby invalidating the warranty, but to be honest I don't want another one anyway).....got it going again, but now it's ceased again. The final straw came when I left it overnight after the second water pump failure only to find it had leaked leaving a larger stain on the carpet than the one I was trying to remove! It had to go. My advice......hire a Rug Doctor Mighty Pro, or if you hate hiring (like me), buy a Rug Doctor.....contractors and hire shops use them for a reason - sturdy and simple. Yes, they cost twice as much, but I really think you need a proper 'industrial' machine for this job.
on 7 January 2015
I don't often do reviews but I felt I had to do this one. This was a carefully considered and researched purchase. One review did mention that this machine was difficult to put together and I did it find it so. The screws that hold the handle fit into deep holes and my multi head screw driver would not fit because the shaft was to thick. So, I took a walk to the local iron mongers and bought the exact size screw driver recommended in the leaflet. When I tried this screw driver it kept slipping of the screw and I was fearful of "rounding" the head of the screw. In frustration I rang the Bissell customer services and they could not have been more helpful. They were more than happy to send me extra screws and gave me the details of the local Bissell dealer. However, my husband had consulted a builder friend of ours who lent us a long screw driver that fitted the screws better. This time the screws went in first time without any problem. So, now on to the good bit.... What performance.... I started work on my really old and dirty hall carpet. I could see a stripe of amazing improvement on the first pass. The performance of the cleaner is amazing. I can't wait to see how it does on my newer cleaner carpets.
on 16 June 2013
An easy to use machine that cleans well. I'm not convinced that it is as good as the old Pro Heat I used to have for general carpet cleaning, primarily because it does not allow the pre-treatment without suction. However, where this cleaner does score well is with the lift-off unit. This is fantastic for difficult corners etc. Generally easy to clean afterwards