on 26 April 2017
consider this as a cheap upgrade to a laptop.

any laptop a couple of years old will gain a lot of speed if you swap out the existing hard drive for one of these

be aware - this has limited space - the 120GB will drop to around 110GB once formatted.
Install Windows 10 on (30-40GB) will leave you around 60-70GB of space for your data - which is enough for many

you can get software that will clone the exiting drive in your computer and copy that to the new hard drive - just make sure you have not used more that 100GB of space before you try with this device.
on 20 March 2016
Thought I would give one of these a go. Truly Amazing. If your use to installing hard drives then definitely get one of these.

IN THE BOX: You get the drive itself along with cradle for internal installation, caddy so you can use the drive as USB external drive (along with USB connection cable) should you wish, SATA connection cable and adapter for psu (though if your replacing standard sata drive just use that power supply connection). And all important bootable CD that contains the clone software to clone your original drive for replacement.

INSTALLATION: At first my system didn't recognise the drive when I installed it in SATA 2 slot although it was being found in my bios and in device manager. I decided then to set the new ssd as my main drive, disconnecting my old SATA drive from SATA 0 and attaching new ssd to it instead, then I installed Windows again (it installed very fast). It all worked as expected from there but I wanted to clone my old drive so I could compare exactly. I then realised that the provided cd was bootable so I put the ssd back in sata 2 and my original drive back in SAT 0 and booted from CD. The clone software was easy. Select english, select source, select target and job done in less than ten minutes. Drive was cloned perfect so I could run some benchmark comparisons.

COMPARISONS:
BOOT UP: Old drive= avg 35.68 secs ; SSD 17.62 secs
SHUTDOWN: Old Drive = avg 7.21 secs ; SSD 7.7 secs
BENCHMARK SCORES (userbenchmark.com)
Sequential Write score: old Drive 81.6 MB/s ; SSD 210 MB/s
Random Write 4k: Old Drive 0.74 MB/s ; SSD 31.3 MB/s
Deep Random: Old Drive too slow to report ; SSD 42.8 MB/s

CONCLUSION: Bearing in mind that the above results are based on exact cloned drives containing just freshly installed Windows 8 with latest updates and nothing else I can imagine an old fully loaded pc that requires lots of access to heavy fragmented drive will see amazing results. I have three PC's and bought this just as a test but will now be saving up to get all my PC's upgraded to SSD.

SYSTEM:
DELL Opltiplex 380 with Core 2 duo 2.93ghz, 4GB Ram and original Hard drive being 250GB Hitachi Deskstar
on 2 April 2016
Great value for money SSD. There is a good saving to be made if you go for these rather than say a 500gb Samsung. They perform very well, improving both boot times and application opening times.

I used this one in a 5 year old Toshiba laptop. I put a clean operating system on it too and the laptop was not only twice as fast as when it was new, it was also faster than a lot of non SSD laptops for sale today.

It comes in hassle free packaging and includes a spacer which stops it from rattling about in some laptops.

As well as speeding up your PC, this should help improve battery life on laptops and also because it has no moving parts it it isn't vulnerable to damage from knocks and bumps. That is particularly useful in laptops.

I hope you've found this review helpful. If you have, please click the HELPFUL button so I know I'm on the right track with my reviews :) Thank you, Anthony
on 9 September 2016
It all works, with a noticeable speed performance over my HDD. The Acronis cloning software was easy to use, although the generic instructions lacked some information necessary for my HP BIOS (there was an additional Allow Boot From Removeable Media setting that needed to be switched to Enable, as well as setting the boot priority; the boot priority does not allow selection of specific devices of the same type so you have to replug the SATA connections to the motherboard in the order required.

The kit contents is comprehensive (leads, software, external drive case and mounting brackets and screws.

I'm no expert but it is widely reported that the speed performance of these drives is poor and by paying a small amount extra you can get a SSD with vastly better performance.
on 10 October 2016
Kingston Technology 120 GB Solid State Drive 2.5 inch V300 SATA 3

So experiencing a few SSD’S throughout the past and ordering about 3x of this product cause I known that it’s worth its value for the storage and speed of the price and saved me a lot! I’ve bought at one point for my business PC, one for my laptop and one for a client and they’ve worked really well and never have I ever ran into any issues with this SSD.

About the Item:
The SSD Other all is great and all thin lightweight (well you wouldn’t really expect it to be heavy as it is overall just memory chips inside all together at the end of the day) and for whenever I got to install it into any build I never have any problems with this specific product or any products from Kingston!
I know that Kingston is a legit well successful business and that other all I’d rather buy an SSD or any computer equipment for either me or any of my clients that I’d be legit from a company which I know myself or from what I’ve heard good reviews about and from myself and a bit of research I know that Kingston is a very known company for high quality performance products and well structured.

The Delivery:
The Delivery is always very quick from Kingston so If you’re expecting it very soon, You’ll be amazed on how good the derlivery is fast and quick I couldn’t berlive It :0
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 May 2016
Probably one of the best upgrades to a laptop computer is converting and installing a Solid State Drive. We run a computer shop and have upgraded literally thousands of machines over the past 10 years. Aside from RAM ( Random Access Memory) modules which is the memory your computer uses to calculate basic instructions when the machine is running, it is access to your stored data and the time it takes to get and write that data which gives the user the feeling of whether your machine is fast or slow.

This disk was installed in a laptop that was previously booting in 1 minute and 10 seconds, having replaced the drive for the Kingston Drive and reloaded the Operating System, the same laptop then reached the desktop from a cold start in just 35 seconds. Once the old data from the laptop was copied back to the new drive access to the photographs and documents was certainly a lot quicker and file searches too were much faster.

The upgraded machine was given a whole new lease of life and this particular drive in my opinion excellent value for money at this price point. If you considering a solid state drive then remember to check the total volume of data on the old disk including the Operating System and buy the size of Solid State Drive that will meet your needs today and allow for more data to be added in the future. There are other solid state drives that cost considerably more than this Kingston Drive which are faster, hence I scored this 4 stars, however with speeds this fast for a typical home user the Kingston will give you the boost needed to breath new life into your laptop and in my opinion offers good value for money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 March 2016
My hard drive died , Toshiba 5400rpm 1TB in my HP Envy 17. I'm not a power user of the laptop so this was a good choice , price and size were good for a quick buy. Easy to install and really fast to load windows 10 from the dvd , , so so quick.

This being the first time i have had to deal with a dead hard drive and my laptop out of warranty there were a few nerves at the beginning , but it was so easy to replace the hard drive. Took the power cable out , battery off and one screw out to get at the service bay.
Pulled the cable off and removed hard drive and took off this blue rubber thing that was surrounding the hard drive , popped new kingston ssd in the blue rubber thing and popped the cable back in and replaced the service cover with the one screw and i was done. Simple.

Putting windows 10 on it was so fast ( longest part was file copying ).
Huge improvement on speed as you would expect and as i'm not a power user this drive is perfect for my needs.
Windows boots in seconds , and i mean seconds to the desktop.

This meets my expectations , cheap and fast giving new confidence and a smile at this nearly 3 year old laptop.
on 24 May 2016
As a previous owner of a Crucial MX100, I can clearly tell that the Crucial drive is noticeably faster. As for this drive compared to a mechanical drive, of course it is incredibly faster. The boot times are brilliant, no more than 6 or 7 seconds and Windows feels much snappier as you would expect. The companies website says that the speed of the drive is "up to" 450MB/s read and write and I have attached a screenshot of a benchmark I did on the drive for you to have a look at the numbers.So overall, it's a budget friendly SSD, definitely not the fastest but if you own a decent computer but are still not happy with how it performs navigating around windows then this would be the best budget upgrade solution.

- Recommended
on 24 September 2016
This drive has been used for several hours a day, every day, for the last three and a half months. The operating system is Ubuntu 16.04 (LINUX), which was installed from a USB. I haven't had any problems at all. I have just done a health check on the drive by pasting "sudo smartctl -a /dev/sda" into the terminal, which gave the following output:
231 SSD_Life_Left 0x0000 100 100 011 Old_age Offline
100 is the current status. (The drive is usable from 100 down to 011, when it needs replacing.) So it has hardly worn at all. Hopefully there should be several years of useful life in it.
Also, it was easy to fit. (Only one screw needed to be undone, a panel prised open, the old drive removed, the new one put in, the panel snapped back in and screwed down again. It took less than 2 minutes.)
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 March 2017
I have been buying these for the past 2 or so years, and i love them, often installed in oldish intel core 2duo's they make a massive difference. I usually install windows 7 pro on these and then re-issue the pc in the school i work at. 120 Gig is a minimum space really but, for a network machine it doesn't matter. The speed is freaking awesome, 10 second or less startup time, and applications open super quick. Very very happy, not cheap but cheaper than a new computer