Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 February 2013
I am big fan of Frightened Rabbit and, like many, was disappointed by Winter of Mixed Drinks. However, I am very glad to say that, after a lot of listening, this is a different beast entirely. I cold go into detail but won't as you should just buy this and enjoy figuring out why it is so good yourself. Yes, it maybe isn't as wonderful as Midnight Organ Fight but that was a 6/5 album which surely ranks as one of the best albums I've heard in the last ten years so we need to judge this on its own merits. In that respect, this album is a solid 5/5 and will no doubt be among my favourite albums of this year, last year and possibly next. Buy it.
on 3 April 2013
Frightened Rabbit continue to go from strength to strength.
The bonus DVD is made up of two parts, highlands tour and u.s. tour. I enjoyed both but the highlands tour was especially beautiful and heartwarming.
on 30 April 2013
Heard one track on the radio, Holy and was blown away by it, having purchased the album I was not disappointed, it is full of great songs, just listen to State Hospital. It really is a 5 star album
on 26 August 2013
Midnight Organ Fight is still my all time favourite album ever, but Pedestrian Verse comes close. Very close. If you're a fan of beardy Scottish folk bands, you'll love Frabbits.
on 9 February 2013
I bought the CD + DVD edition after reading a favourable review in the FT which led me to watch The Woodpile video on Youtube. I'm so pleased I took a chance!
I'd not heard of Frightened Rabbit before but I'm familiar with Idlewild and Malcolm Middleton who they remind me of. The music is excellent even if I feel like I've heard it all before - I'm aged 58 so I probably have!
on 11 March 2013
It took a few listens for me to be convinced, but once again a brilliant record from FR. I don't think it trumps the previous two albums, but it comes close.
on 27 July 2013
Ah, now I've found another band to get into! This album is just brill! Now I have to buy all their albums. You do too. You will not be disappointed!
on 7 May 2014
Not quite up to the brilliance of their last couple of studio albums in my opinion but in Holy I think they have written their best song to date.
on 23 March 2013
Bleak,beautiful Scottishness. It's been on repeat since I got it.
With a nod in the direction of Big Country and Runrig ,ideal .
on 3 June 2013
Great Album, so glad I check on Amazon rather than iTunes, stumbled on this album when I was looking at Others. Really good tracks.