on 28 January 2013
Two years ago, I was delighted when my wife bought me a Kindle for Xmas and it was never far from my side.

This Xmas, my wife thought she was doing me a favour by presenting me with a Kindle Fire, which, had I had previous experience of it, I would not have let her.

The majority of the applications will not be used by me and I find the lack of 3G particularly annoying as I find the only benefit of the current wireless connection is to save booting up my Desktop or Laptop or being in a location which provides free wi-fi.

I also find the promotion of Amazon and their Partners very annoying when, if I wish to avail myself of the applications offeredI must pay yet the Fire is used incessently by Amazon as a marketing tool to which I personally have not given permission.

I only wish now that my wife had advised me of her intented "surprise" so that my previous enjoyment of my Kindle was preserved.
on 3 January 2013
Amazon.co.uk list this book as having a page count of 73 pages, I'm not a fast reader but I read through it all in one short sitting. Not enough information or depth was given to each topic and the whole eBook feels too superficial to cover all the main features so I had to refer elsewhere.
9 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2013
I love reading (I'm aged) and the kindle is so light to hold.
You can download thousands of books at the press of a button.
I find the Kindle Fire exciting - to learn it's possibilities - games etc.
The colour is vivid and encourages the idea of film watching
It is a little soon for my complete thoughts as the only downside I have found is that I have had to send for a book to understand how to use my Kindle properley.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2013
I found the wording a little difficult to understand and what really annoys me is that you are presumed to be living in the USA. The goods are sold worldwide so surely this should be taken into consideration.
on 7 March 2013
I love my kindle but to ensure I got the best use of it I purchased this ebook. BUT i can't read the book and sort out my kindle at the same time. Maybe at 59 yrs old I'm too old for all this?
on 5 March 2013
Cannot comment fully as l have not read it all. However l must say from what l have already read it is a must have buy for all kindle fire hd owners
2 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2013
I'm probably what you would call an old F*rt when it comes to hi-tech gadgets like a Tablet but am finding my way around
the Kindle Fire HD with the help of this book Many thanks
on 6 January 2017
Very good
on 2 July 2013
Appreciated

Does not compair with my keyboard Kindle, but then a completely different concept, have passed it o to a friend.

I love thhe Kindle Fire, a bit overpowering for starters, very sensertive in the reading mode, especialy if one has
fat fingers that overlap the tablets boardeers , even slightly, otherwise well into the neccessary leairig curve.
Thank you Amazon.

Ciao

Alan Wayne
Alan Wayne
on 31 December 2012
This is a very basic guide and does not really answer many questions that a new owner would have to maximise use.
3 people found this helpful