on 2 January 2016
I bought this book for my 10 year old daughter for Christmas and she loves it, not only that I do too. We spent hours on boxing day going through the illustrations and drawing some wonderful characters. She drew some free hand (as she can draw better than me) and I followed the picture illustrations, the only thing I have ever been able to draw previously are stick people and a dodgy person with humped shoulders and very flared legs! This book is absolutely fabulous and we had great fun drawing the characters and making up their identities. This book has something for everyone and I would definitely recommend. Love it.
on 19 August 2015
I have always wanted to get into drawing cartoons and I would like to eventually do my own book, and this book is a fantastic starting point. I have copied the first few pages of drawings and they actually look pretty good if I do say so myself! So yes, I think this is going to really help me on my journey to developing my own characters.

I like the way the author describes expressions and body/face types. It is very easy to understand and follow.
on 25 November 2015
Brilliant from when you want to take the leap from sketched cartoons, as in book "how to draw cartoons by brian platt", to also use computers.
on 14 September 2017
good book, characters could be a little more varied in terms on race, but overall good book.
on 23 September 2013
Great buy for beginners, gives easy steps into the head build, body types & face expressions
I love to draw but needed some help with a modern cartoon look for my projects :D
(just remember to take your time with art, greatness does not come with speedy doodles ;D
on 14 January 2017
A good contemporary introduction to cartooning especially for the absolute beginner like me
on 28 July 2015
Excellent book. Like all things in life you have to put in to get out. Just reading the book and doing a few sketches now and again won't do. If you follow the book and draw as often as you can following the books guidance, you will get great results in your cartoon drawing.
on 22 May 2017
Brilliant book, how easy it makes drawing cartoons. I'm using it for character design in animated movies. I have little artistic talent but this book is bridging the gap for me. Excellent.

John (Hereford)
on 23 April 2016
It's what I wanted. I would have liked more about 'expressions' - the whole range of emotions - because I am more interested in creating business type scenarios.
on 9 June 2015