on 17 July 2014
I know next to nothing about setting up broadband systems, so maybe I got a bit lucky. My existing Netgear DGN2200 has to be positioned downstairs due to the adsl socket location, consequently my wifi signal throughout the upper two stories, while usable, doesn't show full signal strength. So thought I could use the DGN2200 as modem only (wifi switched off) and connect (using power line adaptors and ethernet cable from LAN port) to the WAN port of the WRN2200 situated in the upstairs lounge. With the latter connected to my pc the genie wizard successfully made it all work. I now have a full wifi signal where I need it upstairs. A good piece of kit. What I like about Netgear routers is the ability to programme wifi off overnight, lessening any potential wifi health threat while asleep.
on 19 September 2014
Excellent speed, excellent packaging , excellent Wi-fi.............but..... I miss the ability to lock , or Bind, my Device IP Addresses to my device MAC addresses. I have a Squeezebox , NAS and a Raspberry Pi , all , working better with fixed IP Addresses. Trying to find where the Router has allocated the device IP address is a real pain. I fully understand that , in not locking the IP to the MAC addresses ,security is improved, but it is painful.
MY old router was dead slow, unreliable, and took several hours of typing to set up, but I could Bind Mac to IP Addresses, block Ports ,IP Addresses , Mac Addresses etc etc.
However, this is gloriously fast .......and much more reliable.
on 30 September 2013
My old cable router, another 8 year old veteran started to die and decided to get another. This was simplicity itself to install and within 30 minutes I had my laptop, tablet, Freeview PVR and Sony Blue Ray DVD player connected and running (the latter two are wired).

After accessing the latest firmware was loaded and installed. The Netgear Genie software is superb and has pretty much all the tools you will ever need. The network map is great and you can tell in an instant which device is connected or switched off. You can check speed and quality of connection. Parental controls are available in an easy to understand format.

Just as a superb bonus you can attach a USB flash drive or Hard hard drive which can be shared with all the other devices

And best of all it is much faster than my old one.
on 10 November 2014
Always bought these kind of Netgear routers to replace ISP provided ones as I've had problems doing things like hosting game servers and getting kicked off them with them. This fixed all my problems and I love all the features that come with it, which are great for the price. Unlocking the full potential of our new fibre optic internet with 55mb/s download and 13mb/s upload.

Taking away one star because the wireless range is a tad weak - was only getting two bars on my laptop from one floor up in the house. But I fixed this by using a TP-link wireless range extender that I already had - getting solid 4 bars now.
on 20 March 2014
After my last wireless router stopped working I bought this as a replacement to attach after my Virgin Modem.
fitting was quick and easy.
I was able to connect fairly easily although I did have to refer to the included instructions.
connecting other devices was also simple, this includes my home storage server.
there is only one bug bare with this device. as is popular with many devices nowadays, it feels the need to have bright lights to let you know all is well. the lights do not need to be so bright.
on 26 January 2015
Not only did the router arrive in record time (important when you desperately need one), it was a snap to install. We have two computers, 4 Kindles & a printer on our wireless network & the only thing I had trouble with was the printer and that turned out to be entirely my fault. We have always trusted Netgear & this certainly did not let us down.
on 10 March 2015
I bought it purely to add a network drive to my home network. I have a WD 3gb usb 3.0 external drive. This router is equiped with usb 2.0 port. For some reason or the other, Iam getting very poor read and write speed through this router. When I try to copy a sizeable single movie file, it gives a transfer rate of 1.8mbps or less, while i am using a network client through router's wifi. Can't watch a non hd video without pauses if something is being copied on network drive. If anyone has a solution, i am extremely open to it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 August 2014
Purchased from DealZone and thus shipped from Hong Kong but delivery in just under 7 days from order - far quicker than the estimate.
The model WNDR4300 is locked to region "North America" but although in the UK all the wireless connections to laptop (Toshiba), TV (Samsung), printer (Samsung) and mobile (HTC) are fine. However this North America model is limited to Channels 1 to 11 and not 1 to 13 available for other markets - this is stated in the manual. I am not sufficiently techie to comment whether this is a potential issue, it was not for me, but some may be interested.
on 19 May 2016
prompt delivery. great price. great product
Setup easy.
Good interface.
Reliable connections and good wireless range.
on 3 January 2016
Has ready share USB. Easy way to help with video on demand