Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 2 April 2017
Wow. This book is incredible. I'm speechless. Would make an amazing film. Thank you Tom. Didn't want it to end.
on 27 April 2017
I really enjoyed this book, and finished it wanting to know what happened next. The only disappointment is that Tom has moved on to write about other things and left this hanging. Still a good read.
on 14 May 2015
a really good book that I've just read again, but there's no ending! where's the sequal?
on 9 December 2014
Excellent! Be aware however that this is going to be part of a series (I hope!) I want the sequel ... NOW!
on 28 July 2013
Tom Duke's post apocalypse novel captures the edge-of-the-seat tension and page turning qualities of John Wyndham's 'Day of the Triffids'. Tom skilfully weaves a complex sub-text into what may initially appear to be a straightforward narrative story-line. Whether crisis is caused by plague, financial melt-down or emotional loss, Tom's first novel evokes and explores fears that are shared by many of us. The story hits the ground running and never stops, and then you will want to read it again to fully capture all of the complex under-currents that lie beneath the surface. By addressing life's biggest questions (good v evil, life and death, scientific progress, love and fear) the author challenges us to examine what it takes to survive in the modern world.
on 30 May 2014
I enjoyed this book. It frustrates me that so many post-apocalyptic novels these days have flesh eating humans running riot. These books should have their own genre. This book tries to explore how a very small number of survivors would cope in an (almost) empty world. Although some of the characters' actions seemed a little unbelievable, this was still an interesting account of how to deal with the end of the world.
on 19 May 2016
Amazing, amazing amazing - one of the best books I have read in ages ! grips you and will not let go - couldn't wait to turn page to see what happens next ! BUT Tom you must write a follow up ! I, along with many others, need to know what happens next. Come on Tom if you read these reviews get writing PLEASE.
on 21 April 2013
A very good post-apocalyptic novel about a systems analyst on a business trip to Australia when everything suddenly goes to pot and he is abandoned and alone, far from home.

There are well-rounded and realistic characters, although one of them was something of a macho walking stereotype - but never mind, it worked well enough and was key to the plot.

I'm giving this 4 stars because there were a few typos and the phrasing was a bit verbose at times for my liking. However it was definitely well-written and I'd happily buy a sequel as I would like to know what happens to these characters. Highly recommended.
on 28 September 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. There is so much scope for a series we can only fervently hope the author carries on. The characters are believable and real. Just something about this story that really grabbed me. Well worth the read.
on 17 July 2015
Bought this after it appeared as one of the recommendations on Amazon and I am glad that I did. An intelligent look at what would happen if virtually the whole of mankind was wiped out by a mystery virus.

In his story, the main character is on a business trip to Australia and he survives the illness. You try to imagine how you would cope, especially when your home is on the other side of the world. Tom Duke tells the story well and it all rings true.

Well worth checking out if you are into post apocalyptic novels.