on 29 January 2016
Very descriptive and helpful with the basics. Instructions written around a Theme which is a shame because it's not the Theme I am using so items differ to what show on my screen. Nevertheless, the basics are explained clearly and you can work around the differences and arrive at s successful solution.
on 27 October 2013
This book has really helped me, showing detailed step by step instructions to almost everything. Even had information on what I needed to delete or change to help my seo rather then making it worse, which I now realise I was doing. Plan to try out some of the other books by Dr Williams.
on 2 August 2016
This is an excellent book if you are trying to learn how to build a Wordpress site. Author covers all of the essential areas to build a basic website. It's then up to you to develop and build your skills further.
Would recommend if you want to get a site up and running quickly.
on 23 October 2013
I was hoping this would solve all the issues I have with learning word press, but I was left wanting, This book is a good value and any one setting out to build there own website will not be disappointed with this purchase, you will learn from this book if you are new to word press.
on 28 September 2013
Didn't find the basic instructions useful or correct. On following his recommendations on sites to set up name & hosting, I didn't find the instructions from there on to be correct, & had to use technical help to progress.
on 17 May 2013
I bought this book as a total Wordpress novice and set my own dot org site purely by following its instructions. I thoroughly recommend it if you haven't the faintest idea what you are doing and need to be led step by step through the process.
on 17 November 2013
This is an unbelievably badly produced book, with no chapter numbers let alone running headers, no clear page breaks between what passes for chapters. This book is printed in black and white on low grade paper - the text often refers to examples in colour, not at all helpful when there is no colour. However, once you get past the first fifty pages telling you how to start with Wordpress, it does contain some useful advice, so possible for use as a secondary text.

Much better would be to go on a face to face course to learn about Wordpress and its buzzwords like themes and plugins and pages, and then to get to know other Wordpress users to share experience. In the end it seems only personal experience works, at least that is how I am now learning to use Wordpress.

I do not recommend this book.
on 15 November 2013
A useful guide that addresses the essentials of setting up a blog. It may not be enough to support you through all the detailed work you may need to do to get your blog looking and working the way you want. But it will get you started.
on 12 August 2013
I struggled with wordpress for a long time. I read tutorials on the internet but to no avail. Then I came across this book. Thank goodness I did! Worth every penny! I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with wordpress.
on 13 January 2013
For a noobie like me to Wordpress this was a very easy guide to producing a website. I currently run two sites for my golf club and village and would like to migrate them to a different design etc.
This book is a great help.