Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.79

on 2 May 2017
Present for grandaugher she loves it.
on 21 April 2003
Joe Jefferson is your normal schoolboy until he and his dog (Henry) are sucked into Muddle Earth by Randalf the Wizard. Joe has been summoned to be a warrior hero to do battle with Ogres,Dragons and villains. Together with Randalf,Veronica the Budgie, Norbert the Ogre and Henry,Joe sets out on the adventure of a life time.
Prepare for a world of enchanted cutlery,nasty cuddly toys and places and names that will sound very familiar to readers of Lord of the Rings.
I have read several Paul Stewart books and this one ranks very highly . It is a very funny and entertaining parady which is well worth reading.
on 30 July 2004
Muddle earth is so cool it has everything you ever wanted laughter, sarcasm and magic. You have randalf the wizard or so called wizard with only one spell, with a three eyed ogre, nobert the not very big,a warrior hero and a budgie who is sarcastic and the so called evil dr cuddles.Once you start reading you cant put the book down.This book is a must and any other books by paul stewart and chirs riddle are a must is well, including the Edge Chronicles
on 10 July 2006
I have now read this to my 8 year old daughter three times and she still laughs at Veronica's sarcasm and Norberts attempts at almost anything. I have now bought the book (the library were getting worried that they would not recover it).

Also, I will be looking into the edge chronicles as these sound interesting. I am sure they are written for a different audience from what I have read in the reviews. THIS book is fun and should not be expected to reach thriller scale, though there are some really funny battles with flying wardrobes etc.

It is rare to find a book without death and deep demonism implied or described. This is a book free of such effects but with a fairytale element nonetheless. Enjoy it!
on 15 October 2006
This is an absolutely amazing book! Stewart novel. And, as always, Chris Riddell's illustrations are brilliant. The two put together never fail to amaze and delight a reader!
on 3 August 2003
Muddell earth is a fantastic book i have not read for ages because i have diyslexia and i find it hard.But when my mum found muddell earth i thought it looked all right my mum brought it for me i started reading it on a friday and i finished it on sunday i could not put it down i like the way it was split into three books i read a part each night now i read more often and i do not care how long the book is.I think muddel earth is worth every penny.
on 10 April 2003
Muddle Earth is the funniest book I have ever read. My favourite characters were Joe the Barbarian and Brenda Warrior Princess. The book is based on the evil Dr Cuddles trying to rule Muddle Earth. Joe the Barbarian, Randalf the Wise, Norbert the not very big and Veronica (a budgie) are on a quest to save Muddle Earth from its dastardly villains. When you read this book you can see if they succeeed and find out about the strange characters they meet on their way.
I really liked this book because it was funny and adventurous, the illustrations were the best illustrations I've ever seen, and the story kept me glued to the pages from start to finish.
I would definately recommend that you read this book.
on 11 December 2011
Muddle Earth: This book has everything you could wish for, except the magician Randalf wouldn't make It happen... He's too bad a wizard. Muddle Earth will tickle your funny bone, then send you deadly serious to the next page, just to laugh again. It has comedy and action at just the right mix making it not as if you're reading a book, but as if someone is making it up as they go along, you can never predict what will happen next, making this an excellent read.
on 9 April 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's full of jokes and play-on-words, but you can only enjoy them if you've read Lord of the rings. However, I have read it so I found Muddle earth very funny.
It lacks description, and rarely uses words other than said when someone is talking. I have to admit it isn't as good as the edge chronicles.
Once again Chris Riddle's illustrations are lovely, giving this book an extra star.****
on 26 November 2003
My 9 year old son needed to write a book review for school, so we gave this one a try, and loved every minute of it. A good story with lots of humour and fantastic illustrations made him devour this book from cover to cover. More please!!!