on 13 February 2013
I bought this device as I was looking for a faster way to charge my iPad Mini. Anyone with an iPad Mini knows how slow the supplied charger is. That is because it is actually the same charger as supplied with the iPhone - not the more powerful one supplied with full-sized iPads.

The PlugBug is a fair bit more expensive at £40 than the official Apple iPad charger which costs £15, but the PlugBug has the added benefit of full international capabilities. It also allows me to carry only 1 charger when I travel abroad. For these reasons I decided to go for the PlugBug.

I'm very happy with my decision. The PlugBug does charge the iPad Mini and my iPhone more quickly and gives me an extra USB port on my desk.

If you were wondering whether you can use the AC power cord that comes with you Macbook to extend the reach of the PlugBug you'll be pleased to know you can. It doesn't look particularly elegant, which is probably why there aren't any photos, but it works without a problem.
review image
on 16 May 2017
Delivery time was correct and the product was everything I had hoped for. As I’m off to Ascot races next month, it is perfect!
on 21 March 2017
Have use it for years without any problems
Nice idea. Makes the charger even larger but in any case it does the job it is intended for. It feels the USB charger runs a bit slow but it hasn't been an issue in any case.
on 11 August 2017
The actual top prong of the plug has broken, luckily not in the socket. There is no option to return or replace the product.
on 3 July 2017
have had product for 6 months and the USB charger no longer works. Where can I return this defective product for a refund?????
on 10 August 2014
Works. Nice to be able to charge iPhone and Macbook Air at same time
on 21 July 2017
I travel a lot, so this is my go to ipad, macbook air and iphone charger (plus I use the USB port to charge my kindle). I've had mine for about 3 years, but from the start, was a bit put off by the cheap plastic. This became a problem only a year back, when two of the plugs broke with the white inside plug coming apart from the red casing. The inside of the plugs are hollow and the red casing plastic is quite thin, compared to the normal apple chargers, so I now have a European plug with potentially exposed wires and my Aussie plug did the same. As the product works otherwise, I ended up trying to repair the Aussie plug using superglue but ended up supergluing the entire plug to the base ... so ... for home, this thing still works but for travel - I have to buy a new one.

I'm writing this in the faint hope that someone from Twelve South reads this and improves the quality of the red plastic as the product would otherwise be excellent.
on 17 August 2014
Read the reviews carefully before purchasing. Comes with a small pullstring bag to store the adaptors. The 5 adaptors include a spare UK 3 pin plug. Have used it on a 2 week trip to New Zealand and this has allowed me to travel with just the PlugBug NZ adaptor and an MBP plus ipad charger unit. This lightweight combination allows me to charge 2 iphones, 2 ipads and a MBP from a single NZ-adaptor plus my son's Nokia Lumia. The charging unit does get a bit warm during active charging but once the devices are fully charged would cool down again even when left plugged in. On the negative side, the plastic does appear a little of the cheaper brittle variety but so far is working fine. In the UK I am continuing to use it to either power my MBP and simultaneously charging an iDevice or alternatively swapping the MBP charger to simultaneously charge 2 iDevices. Will update if there are any longevity issues.
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2013
Got this to take away on a holiday to the US to save taking a UK adaptor. Its brilliant, doubling up as a USB charger as well so has enabled me to travel light. Highly recommended.