Customer reviews

This isn’t my usual read but I really enjoyed it. It is well written and not confusing unlike some other superhero books I have tried. Differently worth a read.
on 21 January 2011
This Book one from the 'Superhero Central' series, & has just been re-released with new book cover art. There's a set of four books followed by two novellas in the series.
Zoe Smith on her birthday has a chance to become a superhero, yes she has X-ray vision & flying ability, but with her heightened five senses, she can't eat a square of chocolate without bursting with pleasure.
George Taylor comes into her life, a sexy, strong private investigator, she's attracted to him & contact is out of the question, & even if she could, unbeknowest to her she has a world to save from the 'Out Casts'.
The book is lightly written with superhero combat, frustrated love & humour. An easy escapist read, a bit silly but I think that is a positive, the humour made me laugh the character's are either good, misunderstood, self serving or just plain evil.
A book to lift the spirits but not to necessarily make the brain work too hard.
on 28 August 2013
I really enjoyed the book, the different changing POVS could be a little confusing but the premise of the story was amazing I liked the take on superheroes being modern day Olympians the whole descendants from Zeus was cool, I liked the characters both the main and the side ones, little elmer was just too cute for words, I got the first book free the second as part of a 49p summit authors pack called bodyguards but I'll definitely be buying the rest of the series as its funny but also grabs your attention some risky love scenes and some gripping battles I loved it... would highly recommend
on 20 May 2013
I have never been much of a fan of Superman, Batman and the like, even as a child and admit this was an accidental purchase.
Ok, the characters may be a bit 'larger than life' and the scenario rather distant from reality, but it's a great romp and well written,
Try it, it's good fun and certainly surprised this old duffer with it's pure entertainment value, you may find the same applies to you.
on 4 June 2014
This was a really good, light hearted, super woman, rom com style story. Nicely written, although the changes in POV for all the differing characters was a bit confusing at first, but once you got the jist of how they changed then it wasn't a problem. Quite a witty book, with super heroes, villians, mortals, slime covered beast things and a talking ferret!
on 11 September 2013
I bought this book as i love her shadow world books under the pen name JK Beck but this book isn't for me, its unbelievable and far fetched, its well written and the characters are well thought out just not for me
on 22 April 2014
Enjoyed reading the book but seemed more like reading a marvel superhero comic, Maybe just a little too lighthearted for my taste, but it did have me laughing, possibly more designed for a younger person.
on 4 August 2013
This is a great book. I loved all the characters but the ferret has to be my favourite! This book has a little of everything, romance, intrigue, monsters, deception. Its brilliantly OTT and I loved it.
on 9 November 2013
These books are not only a great read but they are also great fun. Books that not only have great plots but also makes you laugh. These books are a fantastic find :)
on 20 October 2014
I really enjoyed this book - the characters were really well written and the story was well paced. Zoe was a great heroine and I recommend this book!