This is an introductory story to ‘Subject Zero’

Bolt and Accel are mutant superheroes, both in love with Psy (a female superhero in their 5-person unit).

In their rivalry, they create chaos and destruction on the highway and around a shopping plaza at Christmas time.
Their unit should be secret, and the 5 (Bolt, Accel, Psy, Flame and Amazon are usually simply called ‘Subjects 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5'). But their actions bring them to the attention of everyone and disturb Subject Zero who they are being trained to stop.

Subject Zero has powers beyond all of them individually, but can the team stop him?
on 13 June 2014
Lets face it, this book looks and sounds pretty cool BUT I don't think it is. I love books... action drama adventure but this was not what i expected at all. I was definitely not captivated and drawn into the book. The plot was off and over all i ended up not finishing it because It didn't interest me as much as I had hoped. Maybe you'll agree maybe you wont but give it a try. you either love it or you don't.
on 18 November 2012
I'm a big fan of the superhero genre and have watched a huge number of superhero movie and read lots of superhero graphic novels so when I saw this short story I thought I would take a look at it. Possibly because of the length of this story, everything is very fast paced from the very beginning, although at no point does it become confusing. The whole story is well written and builds up the relationships between the two main characters very quickly. By the end of the story I was quite disappointed that it had finished and would have happily continued reading if it was a full length book.
on 18 November 2012
Hero's Break is one of the best short stories I've read in a long while. If you like fast paced gritty science fiction then give this a go!. It's easy to read and keeps you on the edge of your seat with its plot full of action and adventure surrounding the two superheros, Bolt and Accel. It reads like a mini movie and left me wanting more. P.A Ross provides a sample of his other work 'The Birth of Vengeance' and if `Heros Break' is anything to go by then this is a must have for me and I can't wait to start it!
on 8 July 2013
Based around the super hero genre this isn't the typical storyline. It is well written with a wry twist at the end.
on 27 July 2013
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Not to sure on this, it does seem to have the potential of a large series of short stories ,telling each characters strength, weakness and motivation but is it enough for us to buy it. The Hero's seemed to be arrogant dicks that one didn't really care a lot for and I was rooting for the strange mystery man who had his coffee spilt.

Time will tell with this one.