Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.30

on 22 April 2017
Haven't tried entire recipes yet, but have tried making different components in the book.
I wouldn't recommend it to hobby cooks as it does require some knowledge.
Perhaps the book is structured a little strange as well. It first shows you all dishes that you could make and the second half of the book gives you all the individual recipes for all the different t components within the book. So it takes some flicking through the books to put together the entire recipe for one of the dishes. Would have preferred it if the recipe and dish were all together.
on 23 November 2012
Historically I've always preferred to 'buy-in' my desserts when hosting dinner parties, or treating the missus - too much like hard (fiddly) work. However, since 'Sweet Studio' by Darren Purchese landed on my cookery book shelf (the first 'dessert dedicated' cookbook to do so) my habits have changed - along with the ingredients on my shopping list.

Many of these recipes are a distinct challenge, but if you've ever watched Masterchef, or Great British Bake-off and thought you could appear in the next series, this book may well prove to be your apprenticeship. Fortunately Mr Purchese (a pommie ex-pat who has managed to become a regular on Australian Masterchef - well I suppose Mr Blumenthal has the UK market sewn up) guides you through the equipment and techniques required to produce what are (in his hands) works of sugary art. My dark chocolate coffee eclairs are coming along nicely, unlike my coconut, lime and mango reverse fried eggs, but I'm going to master it!

For those of you who love your desserts, and your cooking to be a challenge, this is the book to revolutionise your time in the kitchen. Not one for the 'dabbler' perhaps, but for the serious foodies out there who like to impress their friends and family, this book may prove a gamechanger.

Just don't forget to brush your teeth afterwards!

If you want to see this delicious art check out the B and P website: [...]
or blog:
[...]
on 25 October 2013
I LOVE this book. The recipes are very complex and require skills, techniques and equipment that I dont yet possess. I am definitely going to master them though. I will start with the marshmallows cos they seem to be the most straightforward...only three seperate recipes!
on 14 September 2013
Wow, amazing recipes, time consuming but beautiful. Not one to take on for the feint hearted or someone wanting to whip up a quick cake. Darren is a unique patissiere.
on 17 February 2013
Love this book, I am looking forward to making some (ok all of them) of the puddings.
I will be looking for more books from this person I love it that much.
on 24 January 2014
I chose this book for I liked what was on the cover.Not made any yet but will do soon.may be the chocolate one on the cover.
on 8 February 2015
Some very interesting and beautiful looking desserts!!!! Can't wait to try
on 18 April 2015
A cookbook that doesn't,make you shudder every time you open it the photographs are very good as well it also makes you want to make and eat them
on 10 August 2014
Complicated book with very few recipes and not many pictures, I have to say that I am quite disappointed .
on 10 August 2014