on 20 August 2017
Having read Andrew's account of his Spain to North Cape cycle trip I bought this book on Kindle. I have thoroughly enjoyed this and would recommend this to all budding cycle tourers. Not only does it give a very good insight into the countries he travels through but perhaps more importantly those very personal aspects of being on a bike for days on your own. It can be a lonely time with plenty of thinking. He talks about some things like saddle soreness with sound advice, the difficulties of finding a place to sleep.However he writes with a very amusing tone (to me anyway) and finds at times the people he meets by chance and those he has arranged to meet along this 3000mile trip extremely interesting ?????/
I like his style and will look towards his other books.
Anthony
on 30 September 2015
Im worn out just reading this book.... I really enjoyed it but I dont think I will be dusting my bike off just yet.... Its far easier to read about someone elses adventures and I have bought the next book by this author .
on 9 October 2015
Just finished this book. Very well written and something every touring cyclist should read. Have just bought the 2nd book, Along the Med and look forward to the 3rd when it is written following Andrew's recent trip this year to the top of Norway.
on 25 June 2017
I liked this, easy to read and entertaining, great adventure
on 29 September 2017
Whether you cycle or not this is a great little book to read. I read it in between days of cycling on holiday and it was perfect to pick up in small chunks as Andrew puts in the miles to southern Italy. I'll definitely be reading about his next adventures on Reggie.
on 3 March 2017
Not my sort of book really but I enjoyed it very much. I'm tempted to do it myself. Well written and enjoyable
on 13 November 2017
Not finished yet but what I’ve read I like would recommend
on 6 August 2017
Very happy
on 14 November 2017
A thoroughly entertaining read. Andrew's easy going style kept me wanting to find out more about his epic trip across Europe.
on 9 October 2017
Give starts as it kept me smiling throughout, written simply but in a compelling style that made me want to get on my bike,forget Strava and just ride!