Format: DVD|Change

on 8 January 2013
This is good value as it includes the whole match & you don't have to sit through annoying adverts breaking the flow of the match. The commentary is from an American station & is ok rather than brilliant. I can't award 5 stars because you can't hear the questions at the added press conferences at the end, only the replies. Still it brings back memories of the great victory of Andy Murray not just over Djokovic but over his own demons. He put all the doubters in their place. Watching the DVD knowing the result is good makes for easier viewing than it was at 2.30 am on a Tuesday morning.
on 4 September 2014
As a fan of Andy Murray, it was really nice to watch this match which I was unable to see at the time.
This is of course an American production and the commentary makes that very obvious. The latter is the reason it gets three stars rather than four or five. (Who is mister Joh-koh-vitch?)
In spite of suggestions that the DVD is of highlights, it does feature the entire match.
on 21 July 2013
I bought this so that I had some chance of seeing Andy Murray's first Grand Slam win, as I don't subscribe to Sky. It arrived very quickly and was well packaged. My only problem is with the coverage itself. The (US) commentary is unnispiring and the crowd noise does not come across. Its not Amazon's fault, nor the DVD's but it does remind you, if you needed it, how good the BBC is. Of course we now have the Olympics and Wimbledon wins to watch, recorded here by the beeb.
on 19 December 2012
First off, this DVD has everything, from the moment these two great players come to court to the post-match trophy presentation. If like me you had relied on your Sky+ to record the match only to have the final moments snatched away by a channel change then this DVD fits the bill.

Takes a while to get used to the American commentators but they are actually so much more measured and less hysterical than the UK ones so that's actually a bonus. The sound from courtside is much clearer so you can hear all of Andy's mutterings... :-)

A bonus is the full post-match press conferences for both players.

And of course it was a brilliant match!
on 9 September 2013
What should be an unmissable record of a historic triumph serves (sic) to be a dull monotonous disappointment.
The American commentators struggle to sound remotely interested in the match, typified by the (delayed) reaction to the final point as if "oh I guess we should say something....."
This dvd would be so much better if the commentary could be muted or changed. Let the buyer beware.
VINE VOICEon 12 August 2013
If like me you missed this on TV or couldn't get it, this is a good DVD, like many other reviewers the commentary is not like the BBC, very amateurish, but apart from that the tennis is excellent and a must if you like Andy Murray
on 15 December 2012
I have followed Andy's career from the start and knew it was just a matter of time before he won a major tennis tournament. Having won the Gold Medal at the Olympics I felt this might be his time and was rewarded by staying up most of the night to watch the US Open men's singles final live on tv. An amazing night and this dvd just confirms what I knew to be a massive effort and eventual win for him. Hopefully he will now win mwny more.
on 19 September 2013
Received in good time and in good condition. Really good viewing has I had not seen this match before. One little downside I did not realise that the match lasted for six hours had to watch over two evenings. But it was well worth it a very good buy.
on 2 August 2013
First off, I am an Andy Murray fan, not only because I am a fellow Scot but also because I am proud of him and his level of talent and skill in his chosen sport. This DVD took me back to that glorious day, and allowed me to relive the sheer drama and nail biting tension of that epic 5-set contest, which swung first one way then the other, until Andy's ultimate triumph over one of arguably the best three players the modern tennis era has ever seen, in the persons of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic himself.

If you are a tennis fan, buy this, and especially if you are a Murray fan. I also bought and now own the DVD of Andy's subsequent win at Wimbledon this year (2013).
on 19 January 2013
I was unable to watch this 'live' as we don't have that particular sports channel, so I was delighted to be able to buy a dvd of the whole match, and I wasn't disappointed with the quality.

Although it doesn't give you the same excitement as watching it as it is happening, at the same time it doesn't cause so much stress because you know he's already won.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will have no hesitation in buying dvds of any other Championships he wins. I'm hoping to have reason to buy many more.