Customer reviews

Eight Days of Luke
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 6 September 2013
There isn't a book that I don't love by the wonderful and much missed Diana - but 'Luke' will always be special because it was the first one I ever read. Just got it on Kindle so that I don't damage my old, tatty paperback version anymore. This is not just for children - it's better than most 'adult' books I've ever read.
on 5 March 2015
Great author!
on 23 September 2015
Good value for the money!
on 29 April 2015
Outstanding, wonderful, magical.
on 19 November 2015
Envy anyone who is reading this for the first time!
on 26 February 2014
Yet another masterful blend of realism and fantasy. David lives with his dreadful relatives who are so awful they are truly monstrously funny. The illness game made me laugh out loud as it reminded me of at least one relative and quite a few acquaintances. Under pinning the tale is the myths of the old Norse religions that come with their own whiff of treachery. and sadness.
A great read that all will enjoy.
on 3 July 2015
A great, tight, self-contained and imaginative story from one of the best fantasy authors of modern times - accessible for children but full of rich backstory and great characters to draw in any adult.
on 28 May 2016
It was one of my favourite books when I was a kid. Mum got it out of the library and it got passed around the family healing some wounds. Schoolboy fantasy yes, but a democratic read which touches upon some salient points of adolescence and parenthood.
One person found this helpful
on 29 January 2016
One thing DWJ is good atcis mixing the ordinary in with magic and that is exactly what happens here. David an orphan living with his relatives accidentally frees a boy called Luke from prison trying to curse his relatives. This book puts the norse gods in the real world andhalf the fun is working out what is going on.
on 21 February 1999
I'm completely addicted to Diana Wynne Jones but was scared to read Eight Days because I didn't want to ruin her reputation in my opinion. When i actually got to reading it I swear I could not put it down. I read it over and over and over until I'd almost memorized it. If you are familiar with Diana Wynne Jones, you should definitely read this. It ranks way up there with Dogsbody, Charmed Life and Witch Week.
13 people found this helpful