on 1 March 2013
Book 3, we see an angrier tougher Skye, which is totally understandable with all that she has been through. I would love to be able to kick butt like Skye can! Going a little off Jamison, this book & Archer is looking better by the page lol. Hagan is a great addition to this series & Aiofe is even starting to grow on me. I toally love to hate Ammun, he is a great bad guy, creepy & dangerous, totally delusional! Book 3 had me screaming at the cliff-hanger & I couldn't wait to get my hands on book 4!
on 13 July 2013
Even better than the previous book, each book is better and better. Lots of action, fast paced events with lots of twists and turns. The romance triangle is still there but hope she gets it together with Archer, also like how Skye is one of the 'family' even though she is human through the story. Ending was good and not completely unexpected as amun did tell Skye how he was made and while he kidnapped her he did make sure she drank, but didn't connect until the very last page. Well done can't wait for the next book
on 28 October 2012
A fabulous third installment of the Skye Morrison series, possible as a stand alone but more fun starting with 'Blood of the Son' then 'Sins of the Father' before throwing yourself into 'The Original Sin'.

Good pace through story recapping on needed highlights, character development draws you in even more as Skye evolves taking you along a dark and emotional journey for everyone involved.

J L McCoy keeps the sass and sexual vibe in balance enticing you for every morse more given within 'The Original Sin'.

A joy to read and easy to slip into the world of Skye Morrison while day to day life can wait a few chapters more.

Looking forward to Book 4 in this series and much much more great things from J L McCoy
on 21 December 2014
Book 3 in the Skye Morrison series.

This book continues Skye's journey in the vampire world.

I'm hooked on this series, I love the relationships, passion and the intrigue as to what's going on.

Skye is struggling after her kidnapping and having weird dreams, personally one of them I loved 😃. She decides to confide in Archer, bad decision..... Archer makes a mistake, a big one. Is It unforgivable?

After that big mistake Skye is extremely angry, which I can understand. She wants out of the vampire world, but with Amum still about, she has no choice but to stick around, all I'm saying is good job she did!!!!

This is a great instalment as it follows the relationships of this vampire family, specifically Skye's relationship with Archer and Jameson. I love Jameson, he's adorable, but you can feel the passion she has for Archer. Do you choose comfy cuddly love or Passionate love? This series really pulls me in two over this decision.

How this book ends is a killer cliffy, make sure you have book 4 locked and loaded on your kindle, you'll need it!

#vampires #love #passion #intrigue #pnr

**4.5 vampy and Racey stars**
on 24 September 2014
A 3* rates it as being OK, which is what it was for me.

Skye's world really holds no appeal for me anymore as it all just seems too good to be true.
Great job, sexy bf, a group of hot men who all love her or want her and shes young and beautiful.
There's nothing relateable about her which is why I feel so unnattached to the story.

Think my biggest issue is the male vampires, their interractions with her and each other just don't seem believable. Their old, brave and wise but simper around her or think she's beautiful and brave like she's the only human female like that they've ever met.

*Spoiler* She gets turned which is something she never wanted but you guessed it, she's an amazing Vampire with powers the likes no ones ever seen.

I've read upto now but think i'll be leaving this series
on 20 February 2013
Series Review: Books ONE to THREE
Reviewer: Justine
Rating: 4.5/5 Fairies

Skye Morrison Vampire series, by J.L. McCoy, consists of Blood of the Son (book #1), Sins of the Father ( book #2), and The Original Sin (book #3) and the recently released Legacy of Blood (review out very soon!). This series floored me! I was sucked in (pun intended) from the very beginning with book one and was screaming "OFF WITH HER HEAD" (that would be J.L. McCoy's head I was looking for) by the end of book 3! Even though they were all decent size books at just under 250 pages each, I gobbled them down in the record time of a day and a half.

With all this awesome there is of course a catch. Sadly, Miss McCoy committed a cardinal Justine sin in two of the three books! The ending had no conclusion! I got to the last sentence turned the page........ and my e-reader smacks me across the face with a blank page!!!!! I was all "Holy Cliffhanger Batman!!" I am giving this series an overall 4.5 fairies! But warn you that you may want to buy both book 1 and book 2 at the sometime to avoid cliffhangover. I unfortunately will not recover from my book 3 cliffhangover till the next book Legacy of Blood which is available now.

Disclaimer: These books were provided by the author in exchange for an HONEST and not necessarily positive review.
on 9 February 2013
i was stunned that even tho we have some good strong characters in the first two that this book was more in depth and darker was a surprise but a very good on i still love them bring on the 4th x
on 27 November 2013
Found this book a really good read. As I had read the first one of the series and liked it so much a I then went on to buy all of them to date. Would recommend to people who like this genre.
on 10 December 2014
Skye is having a really bad day. Can she survive her ordeals, keep her love, stay human and be free of Amun. Keep reading folks, things are getting interesting as Skye starts to 'Turn'.
on 6 April 2013
Weakest instalment so far, but still good. Skye is a bit irritating and moody and the story kind of rambles a bit. There's a cliffhanger at the end, so you've got to read book 4.