on 10 November 2014
Aside from the fact that it is such a famous classic - I truly love this print.
You are not to judge a book by its cover but you can with this one.

The leatherbound cover is beautiful as as the gold page trimming. The images inside are great and the print is easy and fluent enough to read.

Bring on cold winter nights, the blanket and hot coco for this one.
on 26 January 2018
I have only just started to read this epic poem, but I am already enthralled by it. and find it hard to put down.
on 14 October 2017
Accept that free but quality issues remain. In wrong order,indexes don't work and no illustrations. Will look for other version. Doesn't help that the same reviews are used for every version whether hardback, paperback or kindle so can't trust to buy alternative version on Amazon. Back to Water stones marketplace for a cheap used copy I think!!
on 11 November 2017
Good companion to the audiobook version of Dante's The Divine Comedy - great book!
on 20 August 2016
Dante's depiction of 7 circles of Hell. Although I found it hard to read at times, partly because English is not my mother's tongue, I was fascinated by Dante's vision of the afterlife. Superb.
on 15 December 2015
Great price for such a classic piece of world literature.
I literally bought it just to have it in my bookcase.
The English used is quite complex and slightly dated but that's not the biggest of problems when you have a somewhat literary background. (I'm a first year English linguistics student at university and I managed to understand most of it)
on 1 January 2018
Exactly what it says on the tin. Also a fantastic piece of literature!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 December 2013
I am not Italian but I am fascinated by the country, language and especially the people. I had no idea how important La Commedia is in Italy and so when I learned about it, I just had to have my own copy. In English of course.
Dante was a fascinating man with a real vision and a determination to parody officialdom in the city. A beautifully bound and illustrated volume
on 28 August 2016
Challenging! But one of those texts worth looking at and seeing why people write about this.
on 25 October 2017