on 10 March 2014
This computer is much much faster than any windows PC ever had!
Once you get used with the Apple machines, there will be no way back to windows computers!
on 23 December 2014
The mac desktop is nearly as good as a Linux/KDE desktop. If I could just get the linux VPN client to work with the office VPN, I'd install Linux on it. Oh and Apple: "WTH is it with you and keyboards? There's only one layout, and that's the US one!" That was enough to stop me buying a mac for years - I want shift 2 to be a quotes. Always, not just in clever applications like iTerm, where I can map things. Enough that I won't be buying any more apple products.
on 19 May 2016
I was overjoyed when I found the brand new - old stock of this Quad-Core i7 Mac Mini (late 2012) at the time when a newer model was released with slower CPU, soldered RAM and no second HDD bay. I was not happy about this change and so many fellow audio recording enthusiasts.
Soon after I received my Mac Mini I installed 16GB RAM and two SSD drives, which were also bought via Amazon. And since I never had any problems.
on 5 September 2014
Super duper, great price, great computer. If you are thinking about getting an iMac, stop and think, you are paying a load extra for a screen. Get a mac mini and buy a super screen for half the money it would cost you to buy an iMac. Throw in 16gig of ram and you have one speedy computer. I edit films, photos and music, all at the same time, and this thing doesn't even blink.
on 3 May 2014
My several year old iMac was becoming very slow, and I chose to replace it with a Mac Mini. Connecting a display proved more problematic than i'd hoped, if I was not using the HDMI lead to my HDTV. Once connected and up and running however, i was not disappointed with fast access to the Internet, and all my Applications.

I've no doubt upgrading the memory to 16 GB helped, and was not difficult for an inexperienced user like me to do.
on 26 March 2013
My trusty MacBook Pro 2008 was starting to get a little weak so I decided it was time for an upgrade.
Thankfully I decided against a laptop as I couldn't remember the last time I needed one as a laptop.

The 2012 Mac Mini is a bit of a hidden gem. The thing I'd say is ignore the graphics card! How can I say this? Because that little intel hd4000 makes no difference to the computer!
I have plaid portal 2 on high graphics settings with no issue on a 1650x1050 resolution display. That'll do nicely for almost all applications.

What really makes these things fly is the i7 quad core processors! Quick doesn't cover it. Also once you get the device update the RAM from 4GB to 10GB with a Crucial ram memory 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800,1600MHz for 2012 Apple Macbook Pro's, 2012 iMac's, and 2011 / 2012 Mac mini's giving you a total of 12 GB which should be more than ample. I found 4gb was strecthcing it a little thing when multitasking so do upgrade it at least a bit.

The device I bought from Apple was also specced with the £200 Fusion Drive. Now I know it seems a lot but I would say that if you really want some serious speed it is worth going for. My Mac no starts up in 12-15 seconds on a full restart and opens applications instantly. It is immense.

One wonderful thing about this Mac is unlike the rest of them there are a plethora of inputs and outputs! Dedicated optical/analogue in and output, firewire, 4x usb 3 HDMI, Thunderbolt, Ethernet and SD! What is not to like???
There are a few things that become a pain, no CD/DVD is annoying but an external drive quickly solves that. It can get noisey when it starts running hot but I solved some of this by raising the Mac an extra 1/4 inch off the ground by creating 3 'legs' that keep the mac off my desk with a little Sugru - White (Pack of 3) (it is incredibly how useful that stuff can be...).

So yes I was really surprised at the value of this computer. For the price it is extremely powerful and this is even more incredible when you remember this is a Mac.

Probably the best value Mac you'll come across as long as you have a display, keyboard and mouse!!!
on 31 March 2013
I am very happy for my Mac Mini. I upgraded RAM to 8GB myself since it is to expensive to by from Apple. I use it as a media center with XBMC. In this task (and in many others) it is the best computer for the job.
on 25 May 2014
Awesome little computer! Arrived quickly, well packed and as described.
Very powerful processor with a huge memory. Fantastic introduction to Apple ownership, but with the power to edit 1080p GoPro footage. A great buy!
on 18 February 2015
Very Happy with this product, the speed is excellent, and programmes fantastic, i have added a SSD as a extra hard drive and running the OS on this, and the computer is now lightning fast. It just works!!!
on 20 September 2014
Very good, updates are regular and easy to function. Easy to set up and install, good technical support from apple tech team. You can even go wireless and not have to use wires