on 4 January 2013
My it geek of a husband recently purchased an ipad mini and looked all over for a good screen protector - being unable to find a good quality one in France (where we live) I decided to check out stuff in the UK. Was looking at another brand of screen protectors on amazon.co.uk and saw a comment this guy made about media devil products so decided to try them out given all the excellent reviews on here (I always go by the reviews never the price).
Bought both the crystal clear (invisible x2) and matte clear (anti-glare x2)for ipad mini.
I gave them to my husband to apply - he failed to apply the invisible one twice cos for starters he tried to apply it on at night (lighting wasn't too good need to have eagle's vision - he doesn't wear glasses btw ;) and being a dustball that he is lol he trapped too much dust underneath when trying to reapply which became very visible on the screen. So that was scrapped! He then tried the matte clear managed to get it on properly cos you can sort of see the edges unlike the invisible. However he didn't like the "feel of the screen" (too much powdery substance coming off), too much noise when swiping finger over screen and the general aspect of the screen itself. I honestly have no complaints as I have a matte clear protection (anti finger prints etc) for my iphone which is about the same as the media devil matte clear which I bought for the ipad mini - I got used to the sounds, touch and aspect of my iphone's screen.
Everyone has their own likes/dislikes so don't let this review discourage you as I purchased excellent products and highly recommend pruchasing them. Value for money, that's why I purchased another pack of invisible cos my husband insisted on having another go and with the same product - and I know him, if he didn't like the product he wouldn't have asked me to buy more!
5 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2014
The protector went on like a dream, so much easier than the cheaper protectors available. I used a 15 cm ruler wrapped in the micro fibre cloth to slowly work the screen protector onto the screen as protective sheet 1 was removed - I worked with the iPad upside down in front on me so I lined up the home button at the top and then worked slowly down the iPad towards me; once the protector was applied I used the provided card to smooth the edges before slowly removing protective sheet 2 by gently working the card under the protective sheet along the edges and then across the main body of the iPad). I managed a totally bubble free application first time but there is a second protector provided if you make a mistake and there is also a helpful guide for removing dust bubbles on the Media Devil site.
The fit is spot-on and the protector is genuinely invisible and doesn't affect the retina screen quality at all. After application, polish the protector top with the micro fibre cloth provided and you're left with a fully protected but unaltered screen experience (no tackiness, no vision impact).
on 23 November 2015
I've been using these s/p's on my iPhone 6 and ipad air 2 for over a year, and now on my sons ipad mini. You'd think that I put them on yesterday, I mean they still look brand new!.
They are of very high quality and fit exactly spot on. They're very clear and smooth, you'll hardly know they're there.
Even the boxing is of very high quality. You'll know your s/p is of hight quality before even unpacking it.
Best of all is the (CUSTOMER SERVICE), They truly take care of their customers. They reply to your email quickly, politely and willing to help!. I've personally experienced this (TWICE!). Customer service response was quick and helpful.
All in all, the Screen protector(s) as they are two, the boxing, the packaging, the delivery and the customer service are all 1st class.
I definitely recommend these screen protectors to anyone who truly wants to protect their expensive gadgets and confidently know that he/her will have a truly helpful customer service response if needed.
Happy customer.
Thanks.
on 19 December 2012
Really good product. Fits perfectly.
This protector can be fitted absolutely perfectly and without air or dust bubbles if the instructions are followed properly.
It can take a couple of attempts to get it right, but be patient. This protector does not seem to suffer at all from being removed/replaced whilst removing dust/air bubbles. The sellotape trick (shown in instructions plus neat video link) works VERY well.
I bought 2 packs and did an iPad Mini and 2 iPod touches. All three now have protectors which at first glance, you wouldn't know they were there!
My only small negative comment(and doesn't detract from my 5* rating) it that the protectors seem to attract fingerprints. Not a massive issue as they can be wiped, but without the protectors I didn't notice them.
Well pleased with the product and would recommend.
Spend the time applying it and you WILL see the perfect result.
on 24 June 2013
I bought this to protect my brand new iPad mini. I have always used Mediadevil Magicscreen screen protectors for my apple products (iPhone 4 and 5, iPad 2 and the new iPad 3rd Gen'), so as I know these screen protectors to be the best protection out there I had to buy this for my new iPad mini. Fits perfectly and is as always brilliantly designed. I always get this screen protector immediately (and sometimes just prior) after getting a new device and it stays on until I sell my device after upgrading. When I remove the screen protector even after 2 years it is completely unmarked and looking like new. Fantastic protection and compared to all other screen protectors (both cheaper and more expensive alternatives from different manufacturers), the easiest to apply by far. I cannot recommend this product enough.
on 24 April 2015
Excellent. Simply excellent.
Thick enough to be of benefit and one of the easiest to apply.
Although expensive (by my rating) they are worth the money.

I never have found anything that while putting on a protecting self stick protective cover did NOT produce bubbles, the ones that were thinest seemed best, but did not give protection or came off. However this is the closest I have come to good protection and ease of applying.
on 14 May 2014
Bought one of the media devil screen protectors for first generation iPad. It is that good I have not replaced that one in three years as it just wipes clean and is as good as the day i put it on.

This one is just as good, brilliant product, same quality a year on an still looks as good as the day i put it on. The clarity is uncompromised through this protector. Strongly recommend this product for protecting your iPad mini.........
on 20 April 2013
I've bought a range of Media Devil products over the last year or so and I'm very impressed with all of them. I've put their screens on 3 different iPhones and 2 iPads (normal size and mini) and they are perfectly invisible once fitted, show no signs of lifting, and just work. Yes, you need to be careful applying them, as other reviewers have commented, but doing it in a recently steamy bathroom to settle the dust really does work, and you can safely peel back and reposition if you need to so it's worth taking a little time. I would have no hesitation in buying these excellent protectors for future devices.
on 21 February 2014
This was one of the easiest protectors to fit, no bubbles.
But it was probably because Cleaned the ipad first with their cleaning fluid which I also purchased
Instructions were good.
You really dont notice its there, it feels exactly like the ipad screen to touch, and is easily wiped clean
You get two screen protectors in the pack.

Good, simple and easy to fit
Leaves no sticky mess if you remove it.
on 18 June 2013
I have bought a number of MediaDevil screen protectors over the years for phones and now for iPad. I have also tried cheaper screen protectors. It is definitely worth paying the little extra for the MediaDevil product as it is better quality. I am not very adept at applying the screen protectors to the devices. (I wish Apple et al would apply screen protectors before they ship the items!) But with patience I do manage to get the screen protectors on. You need good light, patience and an absence of pet hair!