on 19 February 2014
These arent the real deal by a long shot - made in Thailand, the material feels like plastic and is wafer thin. They look like they will fall apart. These may not be fake, but you can certainly tell the difference between the british made Dr Martens.

I'm very dissapointed with the quality and have promptly returned for a refund. I will update on the how the return goes.

Update - My return of the item went smoothly, no hassle whatsoever. Amazon top class service - just unfortunate about the product
on 4 December 2013
Just recieved these today and I thought, first impressions, that they were actually just plastic instead of leather..
They feel alright when i'm not standing in them but when standing, moving and any general ankle movement is painful. This may be because they aren't broken in or they may be a bit too big.
I don't know whether to change them for a smaller size that may not fit, break 'em in and risk them never feeling better or just send them off.
I think the huge hype about them made me even less impressed when I saw them as they don't feel too great and it's a big let down.
From this, I am glad I never forked out for a full price pair as £100 would leave me feeling ripped off (and paying even more for a pair that are possibly better quality is a risk I would not take as all my faith in doc martens has dissipated.)
These shoes left me wanting much more in terms of quality but they look nice at least.
on 11 December 2012
The boots are amazing, the price is great (compared to purchase in an "actual" store). The delivery was fast so I really think amazon did a great job. A warning for women who order this model (men's size) is in place though. I looked around the internet for dr martens sizing info to see if there was a difference in female and mens sizes. Everywhere I looked people in forums etc said to order 2 sizes down from what you wear in female sizes. When it comes to this boot however this is not true, something I discovered when I tried the boots on. A men's size 5 is a women's size 5! Since I live in Sweden the cost of returning the shoes would be quite a lot so this especially applies to people ordering outside the UK.