on 10 December 2013
This is NOT a Genuine Apple product. The quality is very poor and the magnets that attach it to the iPad are considerably weaker that the genuine article, so much so that it is very easy for the iPad to become detached. The colour is also different - it is not as bright as an original. On a positive note it came supplied with a screen protector & stylus. Also the customer service is laughable! the response I got when I questioned them about it was "It's a lid for Apple" - WOW! There are far cheaper non genuine alternatives to this and the service couldn't be much worse surely...
on 12 December 2013
Bought this cover thinking it would be as good as the apple one; for my new apple iPad mini.
It arrived well packaged and looks like the real thing... but one I put it on my iPad and tried to bend the cover as a stand, the magnet isn't strong enough (or the plastic covering is too tight) and it detaches itself!
Tried several times to make it work, in different positions, but the same kept happening!

Very disappointed. And for the money that I spent, I might as well have bought it in the MacStore..!
Lesson learnt!
on 25 June 2014
When I compared this with the real thing I could spot the fake - the embossed branding on the inside suggests that it's a fake and it's not as stable as the real thing, to use as a stand or to snap off. I chucked it in favour of a branded Apple product. If you're not fussy about those details or its stability as a stand then it'll be fine for you.
on 24 March 2016
If this is not a genuine Apple iPad mini smart cover, as stated in some of the other reviews, it is a remarkable copy! Even the box is came in was identical to that which my original cover came in when I purchased my ipad some three years ago and it looks, fits and operates exactly the same as well. I accept that I have only been using this new one for a few days but for £11.99 delivered I consider it a great buy.
on 10 September 2016
Reading the top-rated reviews on this; you might be led to believe that Mr Bezos and his empire are running an Essex market stall. If you buy from a reseller where the name suggests English is not their first language, you might well get the sort of knock-off you expect from such an emporium. But not if you buy from Amazon themselves.

So let's be absolutely clear - *if you buy from Amazon.co.uk* despite the bargain prices these are legit Apple covers - fully boxed; and in the case of the red one, it's even kind to Bono (Product: Red)**.

When my wife upgraded to a Mini 2 last year she kept her original Smart Cover, but after three and a half years it had given up the ghost (magnets still worked, though). So here we are, shiny and new for under a tenner.

** Don't hold this against it...
review image
on 21 November 2016
Bought this as a gift as I have the exact same cover on both of my iPads. It keeps your screen covered, preventing any scratches etc and also can be used as a stand. I like this cover as it's not bulky and means you can still see the beautiful design of the iPad whilst keeping it protected.
on 17 January 2016
I don't understand complaints about this product. I hesitated to buy it because of the negative comments, but I'm happy that I did.
It is perfect. This is my 2nd Smart Cover, I bought the 1st in an Apple shop, and this one is of exactly the same quality. I am convinced this is a genuine Apple product.
Amazon service was perfect too: fast and excellent!
on 29 July 2016
I had read the other reviews and was uncertain whether the cover was going to be a genuine apple product, but as I wanted just a front cover I thought I'd take the chance that it would a least be good enough to stay on my iPad. I am pleased to say when it arrived it is indeed a genuine cover (or else a perfect imitation). I am so pleased I have been able to replace my old one with a colourful cover as they only sell grey ones in the Apple shop near me now the mini is a different size.
on 31 December 2016
This is a poor copy of what's meant to be straightforward item. Magnets are weak, screen off and on doesn't work and cover falls off every time. Will be returning and buying a real Apple branded cover from an Apple Store.
on 19 October 2015
As long as you are happy with the cover being connected by magnets and therefore not too upset when this disconnects (which depending where you are can be often), this cover protects the front of your iPad perfectly and keeps the simplistic style loved by Apple users.
If you're unhappy this item only protects the front of the iPad, then you're looking at the wrong product, there is a Smart CASE for that use.
The cover doesn't allow for landscape standing on moving areas (like a train or airplane lap tray) but does the job on a table.