on 4 October 2015
Can't beat just popping your phone down on your bedside table to charge it instead of waking the good lady up when you've come home from the pub, switching the light on, fiddling with the cable, dropping the phone three times, swearing profusely, dropping the phone again, giving up, running out of charge halfway through a conversation the following day with the good lady glaring at you through red rimmed eyes that didn't see any sleep because of some drunken buffoon trying to charge his phone with the cats tail at 3am.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 February 2015
I initially bought this for my Nokia Lumia 1520. And it worked fine with that. Just place it on the plate and that’s it! The charge indicator appeared and the phone started charging.
This charger uses the QI standard. And it worked perfectly fine. It should be noted though. As you would probably expect, it does not charge as quick as physically plugging in a cable. But I got into the habit of placing the phone on the plate every night and then in the morning. The phone would be fully charged. No problems. I subsequently sold the Nokia phone and purchased a Note 4. And with that I also purchased the wireless charging case. This also worked perfectly fine with this plate as it also uses the QI standard.
A couple of things to note, this does not use the standard micro USB cable to power it. It uses a small proprietary Nokia cable (The really thin one used on the old Nokia Brick’s). But the cable does feel sturdy and you do get a reasonable amount of length in the cable.
Also not often, but it has happened a few times. I have woken up in the morning to realise that the phone has not charged at all. I had not aligned the phone up properly for the phone to charge, or I had knocked it off the charger in the middle of the night. Not really an issue on Nokia’s behalf, there is a little light on the plate that appears when the phone is charging. But as long as you place the phone on charge in a place where it will not get knocked off, this shouldn't be an issue.
on 30 September 2015
I am a heavy user of my phone so it is charged very regularly, if like me you find you have problems with the longevity of the smaller usb charger ports over 24-month contracts this product is for you.

It is small, unobtrusive and much more versatile than a charging cable. I use my phone a lot with my bluetooth radio, so its great to be able to keep picking up and putting it down without having to pull a charging cable back out all the time, saving on wear and tear to the charging port.

Only snag is the phone has to be placed precisely over the charger or it will not charge properly, or at all, but thats easy to get the hang of.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2015
Excellent little gadget.

Had some issues with my Lumia 830 not charging properly with it's charger, and quickly ordered this.

Since then my phone has however decided to play nice, and has decided that it's willing to let me charge it with it's normal charger again... but as soon as this little gadget arrived, and I saw how brill it works, my normal charger has been hidden in a drawer.

It's small enough to be easily hidden (got it behind a photo frame), and with it being out of sight, it also gets to stay put. Phone goes on it at night, and picked of before work in the morning.
on 24 May 2016
I bought this item for my Lumia 830 . it arrieved very quick and was well packaged , once i open it up and switched it on on my computer desk then placed phone on it charging began and it works brilliant so far i carnt fault anything about this product it is toatl quality and seller was excellnt i am so happy with this item as the quality speaks for itself and when i first bought my Lumia this product was too expensive it was about £60.00 New so i am glad i waited and bought it later on as it was and still is a total bargain. Buy one you wont be dissapointed.
on 18 May 2014
I have become addicted to Qi charging and the DC-50 wireless battery charger allows me to very conveniently replenish battery strength while on the go with no other cables needed.

There are, however, two things that could make this device even better:

1. Larger mAH size. Since ~30% of capacity is lost by wirelessly charging, the DC-50 cannot fully replenish my Lumia 930
2. USB charge-out (to be able to charge other USB devices if needed)

Otherwise, this is a very well built and useful device, as one expects coming from Nokia.
7 people found this helpful
on 3 December 2013
Ha ha! That was my wife's reaction on seeing this unwrapped. NOT ANY MORE! The boot is well and truly on the other foot...as she scrambles and curses trying to endlessly plug in a nano USB connector, for which a tunneling electron microscope just about brings the connector to a size that is accessible to the human eye in its current state of evolution.
No such problems for yours truly, he says smugly, as I merely drop my phone gently onto this dinky little pad and charging starts automatically.
No fuss, no scrabbling around etc. Plonk it on the pad. Away you go. Every time you want to charge your phone, it's 1 second, compared with 67 seconds of scrabbling etc. Over a lifetime that's 30,000 seconds (500 minutes or a whole working day) saved for something more useful, like laughing at others trying to plug in yet another dumb pico USB variant...
on 16 October 2015
One of those things, not a necessity, but really handy to just place your phone on and see the charging begin. No fiddling to see if your micro USB is the right way up or not, just put the phone (Nokia Lumia 830 for me) down and hey presto! Little led comes on and phone makes a reassuring peep to let you know all is working.

Charging certainly quick enough for me and you just have to be aware that the back of the phone will heat up a little under charging. If you leave the phone charging beyond 100% then things just cool down again and there is probably a trickle charge going on. I really like it :-)
on 28 April 2014
Great price at the time of purchase. Simply put the phone on (the Lumi 920 needs to be placed with the lower half on the charger for it to pick up the wireless card in the phone), and hey presto, it's charging. Takes longer to charge, but the cable is longer than the one supplied with my phone and the colour is just lovely. Would buy again if I could find a reason. Yes, these Nokia chargers cost more than third party chargers you can get out there, but at least you're getting a tried and tested product. And it stays quite cool when charging. Many thanks!
One person found this helpful
on 13 March 2014
I might be a right dummy, but I didn't understand why this didn't work with my new Nokia Lumia 925... and its because the phone needs a compatible Wireless Charging Shell Case! I'm going to admit that I bought two of these chargers, thinking the first was faulty! How did I not know I needed the shell case??
7 people found this helpful