on 26 December 2017
When I first bought this adapter, it was great for watching the iPad Netflix App on a hotel/apartment TV. Since then I have updated to iOS 11 and it no longer works. If you have iOS 11 and want to watch Netflix then don’t buy this product. However if you’re still on iOS 9.3 then ok but don’t upgrade iOS till the issue is resolved. I am currently going through the long and tedious process of dealing with Apple Support but will update this review when I have an outcome.

**Update 15th March 2018**

I am pleased to report that Netflix have issued an update to their iOS app and the above mentioned issue has been resolved. Unfortunately the adapter will still not work with Sky Go but that is due to a deliberate and I believe unwarranted block on HDMI output in the Sky Go app. But I have added another star.
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 June 2017
I have bought this after that I have tried two other brands that needed USB power and were running on a sort of operating system and that were cheaper. My advice, the non Apple USB powered adapters are not reliable, sometimes I would connect them and they will start doing updates while the audience is waiting and or would not work for me. Also they would never start the display quickly. Also the cheaper brands required that I carry with me an external power battery to connect to the USB power input. With the Apple version this is not necessary, it is really plug and play, video quality is excellent and you also get the sound through the HDMI and the projector loud speaker if the projector has one. What ask for more?
on 13 August 2017
Works straight out of the box without the need to download and install additional software or apps. Like all Apple products, a little too expensive for something so small and easily made. Especially when it's your second one, yes my iPad slipped from the table with it attached so it broke, did take a hard hit so it is well built, just not well enough for my kind of slips and drops I suppose. Been using it for a few years throughout many countries and not had a single problem with it. Sometimes quite hard to locate in shops so try not to lose it or in my case, break it especially when you're abroad. Mine broke in Indonesia and not one single shop stocked it, eventually purchased one online once back in the UK.
on 19 December 2017
The reason this is expensive is that it works! I bought a cheaper mirroring cable which worked OK but wouldn’t support some Sky broadcasts or Netflix as they obviously used some sort of security coding. However this little beauty worked first time on everything I played on my iPad. Cheaper than buying Apple TV.
on 24 January 2018
Seems expensive but worth the money and I believe you get what you pay for. As soon as the tv is switched to the hdmi channel whatever is on the iPhone or iPad streams to the tv in HD. No lag and brilliant product.
on 23 October 2017
Works with Netflix, iPlayer, amazon prime video etc

DOES NOT WORK WITH SKY GO OR BT SPORT
on 22 January 2017
Deeply overpriced and faulty. Picture breaks every two seconds. You have to constantly wiggle it to get it working (Nothing wrong with my HDMI cable as it works with other devices flawlessly). If it costed £5, I would have given it three stars for its features. But heavily flawed. Try a third-party one instead.
Does what it says connects your iPad iPhone to your tv via hmdi cable and you can charge while connected.
Negative is the price Apple know how to overcharge and I'm not sure how long this will last with continued use.
You can't watch sky through it they have encrypted to make sure the sky app doesn't work with this.
All other channels do but if you pay for club tv on the net you can now put it on your tv and that's what I bought it for.
on 26 August 2017
Didn't work with my new iPad Pro - tried multiple hdmi leads at various short sizes and it didn't work - kept glitching the screen and not recognising the device
on 25 May 2017
Definitely worth getting the genuine article for this. Came quickly and works with iPhone and iPad on the TV