on 27 May 2013
This book had a promising start with four different people surviving a nuclear blast. The book went downhill fast and became illogical (people running towards cities after a nuclear attack) as well as far fetched - alien type silver coated zombie monsters and no radiation. Despite it being an apocalyptic book there was wasn't so much dark stuff here, reasonable description of the ruins but not much about the dead or getting to grips with the bad things that happen. It felt a little clinical, shut off and sanitised, timid almost, and soon I began to grow increasingly bored, I just didn't care any more. It's not graphic, it's not that exciting and I didn't feel wrapped up in the book. The book seemed always to want to TELL me rather than SHOW me what was happening. the story went on and on and on but was unrelentingly dull. By the time I managed to get near the end I had enough and not only will I not be continuing I barely finished this one. I had the feeling this book was written by a younger person.
on 11 March 2013
This is a overlong derivative romp with some half baked ideas that sit nicely alongside the partially drawn characters and feeble science. The nicest thing I can say about this book is that the kindle version didn't weigh very much. Seriously, are people's friend's writing all the reviews on here or something? This is no Wool.
on 15 September 2013
Beware, this is not a novel. It is the first part of a series. You need to buy all of the series for it to make any sense. Otherwise you are just left hanging. I would have given it four stars if I had not felt that I had just read part of a book. I will not be buying the rest of them.
on 13 July 2013
As this type of stuff goes I would rate this as the worst I have read... in fact I gave up!
on 10 August 2014
Liked it enough to buy Season 2 ... although it is a bit soap style TV in book form,. Not quite sure if I could follow it through many more series ... we will see
on 2 August 2013
Just finished the book in a couple of weeks. Great read. And I can't wait to start the next one. Good story, good characters an all round good book.
on 12 March 2013
Really enjoyed this. Very creative, the science supporting the story is plausible, explaining the lack of bodies and radiation. Characters are a bit flat I am sure we will learn more about them as we progress.
on 28 October 2013
i enjoyed this story very much just couldnt put my kindle down till I reached the last page. Would make an excellant TV series.
on 16 November 2014
A page turner. Slightly cheesy but that's to be expected i guess. Have gone in to read the next few in the series
on 15 September 2013
its a great tale, just pulls you in to each persons story, I found myself reading well into the early hours.