on 19 September 2013
So I thought I'd add a woman's point of view regarding the WOSS suspension trainer. I bought mine last week having considered the TRX, then realising I'd have to be insane to shell out that kind of cash on what is basically a set of ratchet straps and two handles. I haven't used a TRX, and so cannot say anything about them, but I know that this trainer is just fine and so far has proved to be everything I was looking for.

I used to do resistance training at the gym, but I could no longer afford the membership, and didn't want to shell out on a space consuming bench, squat rack and free weights set since that would also be pretty costly. In addition, I'd have to store them in my garage which is freezing (something I'll come back to).

So I hadn't done any resistance apart from the occasional set of press ups at home when I remembered (yep pretty lame) for a long time. I set up the trainer last week for the first time and it was simple enough to do. The only alteration I made, was that I swapped the top metal clasp for a screw-gate karibena. I already had one so no issue, although I'm sure the other catch is safe, I just thought I would as I had one.

I did the exercises provided on the sheet - which is more than enough for the first few times I'm sure. 2 sets of each for 15 reps - give or take a few, took around 50mins. You'll be stiff if you are not used to this kind of workout, but once you get used to it, there are oodles of guides etc online for more exercises. As WOSS have said, you don't need DVDs etc really, why spend more when its all online?

Anyway, our house is a UK newbuild - ie pretty cheap/flimsy construction and so I ended up using the door jam in the door hinge - which works because of the weird angles of our house. I wouldn't trust our door frames with the jam - not on this, or any other brand of suspension trainer. This is a fault related to our house though, not the WOSS trainer!

I could have put the trainer up in the garage as we have both beams and a fixture in place in there that previously held a punch bag, there is also ample space, which is important. However, it's cold and not connected to the house. Seriously, as lame as it sounds, I just know that I wont use it as much if I have to go out in the cold. I know what I am like, and how I like to work out, so please consider the environment too and what suits you before buying any kind of trainer.

I like that fact that the WOSS trainer is easy to to sling up, then put away after use. It's so small compared to free weights etc, and can just be shoved in a draw. I fell good using it, and know I've been getting a good work out as the stiffness feels good and is in all the right places - if that makes sense. The handles are also fine in terms of comfort.

One thing that might help beginners is having someone spot you the first time you have a go with each different exercise, or at least used a well placed mirror to check your form while you get your balance. I had a mate watch me through.

As a female (early 30s, approx 9st) I have less upper body strength than a fella and you certainly feel that with this as so many of the exercises work your arms, shoulders, back and chest even when that is not that target area eg. on squats your arms still get a bit involved. This can only be a good thing.

The trainer arrived 2 days after may order. crazy fast. No silly import fees. The speed suggests they have a UK distributor and that it didn't ship from the states (in my opinion).

For anyone concerned about the construction, I asked my mate who is a tree surgeon, experienced climber and all round rope and ratchet strap fanatic to take a look at it and see if how I had anchored it was safe and that the parts of the trainer seemed suitable. He was said it was great, no issues at all and had a go himself (approx 12st).

All in all, I'm really happy with this purchase. I cant help but feel like those who have purchased the TRX have been duped by the hype.

I don't usually do reviews, but I think this product needs shouting about a bit more. I hope you have found this helpful,
on 13 May 2013
I bought this with some trepidation as it was so much cheaper than the official TRX equipment. However, 4 days after buying it from America it arrived in Ireland and I have to say that for about €39 it was amazing. The quality of every part of the equipment is brilliant and I have total confidence in using it. I'm using it in conjunction with my trips to the gym and I'm now actually spending less time there. At about 20% cost of the official kit it's the bargain of the year. BUY IT!
on 15 July 2014
fantastic fitness device , based on the TRX navy seal invented improvised suspension trainer . The trainer fits easily into a bag and can be used on a door anchor , a over head bar or tree trunk and exercises are fantastic . Even when I buy it twice !!!This will last a long time before I have to buy a new one . The mountain climber exercise is great for abs , core and cardio !!!!
on 12 March 2014
I've used this suspension trainer for around 2 months with no signs of tears or wearing. The equipment itself is very strong and allows me to do a great workout from the comfort of my home. While you are able to use it using the door anchor, which works great. I'd recommend getting the ceiling hook also as it allows more freedom to do a bigger range of exercises.
on 15 March 2014
Don't be duped into buying other brands of suspension trainer at massively inflated prices. This product is of high quality construction (made in the USA) and feels / looks durable enough for years of service.

It takes mere moments to set up and once done stores easily in the provided small drawstring bag for travel / tidying.
I ordered this because I wanted out of the gym and into the nature with my workouts, and boy did I get that. I contacted Woss customer service because I was in doubt as to which model to order and they simply told me to save my money and get the cheapest unless I needed to show off to my buddies with a more streamlined model. I really liked that kind of answer from a customer service and having used to product a few weeks now, I am highly satisfied. My workoutbuddy is also very satisfied, albeit a bit jealous .-)
on 31 March 2014
This is a no brainer. I am a professional Personal Trainer. I am always looking for the best equipment you can buy for your money. This is as good as it gets. Great indoors as well as outdoors. The quality is superb, set up is as easy as can be. This is a fantastic product. If you want to waste your money on branded products such as TRX, it is your choice. I rather spend the £170 that I saved on something else. Don't hesitate to buy this, the quality/price is unbeatable.
on 16 August 2014
I love this. Takes a little while to build up your confidence in putting all your weight on a some thin canvas straps and a few buckles but they're excellent. Within a few weeks I really felt a difference in my upper body strength.

Anyone thinking of using these should start with this set. A budget price and good quality and easy to set up.
on 21 February 2014
Does the job of the much more expensive suspension training product at a fraction of the price. Holds my weight no problem (90kg)
on 11 September 2014
Absolutely love this... An immensely awesome bit of kit... this is now forming a cornerstone of my kit for use with clients... the number of exercise to invent when combined with other kit is utterly limitless...

Highly reccommended for anyone wanting an effective bit of kit that can be taken anywhere.

Why spend over a hundred quid on TRX when £30 on this is the deal of the century !