Customer reviews

on 27 October 2012
Since reading the first Get 2 the Top of Google in which he mentions the impending places guide (which ended up taking the best part of 6 months to finally appear!) I've been waiting to get hold of this. Worth the wait? On balance yes. It's not as long as his other books but it's just as factual and based on real life examples which I am a big fan of. Probably requires a second reading and I made a lot of annotations.
on 26 October 2012
I have to say it's nice to read a book about this sort of thing from someone who actually uses case studies from their own experience. So many of the Places & local guides I have read are purely theoretical. From what I gather this guy seems to take care of a significant number of local clients and is actually out practicing what he preaches, with some great success it would appear.
on 27 October 2012
I read it in one sitting - but it gave me some ideas I haven't heard elsewhere. As always Tim writes as if he's speaking which seemed strange the first time I read one of his books but it does make them easy to read.
on 26 October 2012
Good guide and up-to-date as well including the Google + Local stuff. I was initially put off that it seems quite short, but like he says there's no point padding it out with fluff for the sake of length.