Size: Kit (Pack of 2)|Style: AV 500|Change

on 12 January 2015
Moved house and so lost my nice wired LAN network. Bought two sets of these for whole house coverage not expecting too much. So I have one sending the signal and LAN connection in three different rooms.

They work flawlessly and fast (far faster than wi-fi), and importantly for my confidence to leave them on, run just warm to the touch. I gather from reviews of some others that this is not always the case (TP-Link for example, which allegedly runs quite hot).

Use one unit at TV connected to a Netgear LAN switch to provide four connections to TV, Media box, Freeview box etc. All works fine without any hitches.

Far exceeded my expectations. Read instruction book about enabling encryption if you want to minimise risk of a neighbour logging on to your network!

Highly recommended.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 19 May 2015
I bought a pair of TRENDnet TPL-406E devices because Wifi reception is poor in my room. I often had a slow and unreliable Internet connection. My computer is in the opposite corner of the house to the router and there are at least 8 other competing wireless networks in the surrounding area causing interference.

Using a pair of these TPL-406E devices, I have one plugged in by my computer in my bedroom and the other plugged in by the Internet router. I've had these for several weeks now and they work flawlessly. My Internet connection is now just as good as if I moved my computer into the lounge and plugged it in directly to the router via Ethernet.

These devices were very easy to set up, I literally just plugged them in and they started working.

With hindsight, I wish I'd bought the model which includes the Wifi access point. This would provide a decent Internet connection to my phone, laptop and iPad when I use them in my bedroom.

I bought the pair of these for £22, which I consider to be an absolute bargain.

UPDATE 22/09/2016: These adaptors developed a problem after a few months. My PC loses network connectivity at least once per day. I have to unplug the adaptor and plug it in again, problem solved. It's a minor inconvenience, not great if you're playing poker online!
on 24 May 2017
Virgin Media's Superhub 3.0 routers are supposedly well known for being pants when it comes to WIFI beyond in the same or next room! I could not connect at all.

I considered powerline adapters that were £50-£70 but am very pleased that I went for these for £24.99 at the time of purchasing.

Talk about plug and play.. unless you are a total donut, you'll be able to shove one into a socket and router.. and the other into a socket and computer, all with cables provided. I instantly got 62mbps from my quoted 100mbps Virgin broadband.
on 14 June 2016
The first box delivered stopped working after 6 months. It was replaced free of charge and the second box delivered has now also stopped working after around 6 months. We are no longer entitled to a replacement or refund for a product which worked in each case for only 6 months. We considered that this represented very bad value for money.
on 9 April 2017
On older trendnet unit died leaving me with a single node.
Added this pair so now 3 nodes.
One happily carries single video stream from house server or fps gaming traffic.
The other node runs 60m+ to a pool pump room and doesn't seem to suffer from mains noise generated by the pumps. Generally that only carries audio streams (music for the pool).
Installed in August 2016 and going well.
on 20 June 2017
Very easy setup. Saved me from wireless interference issues with my smart TV. Now I can watch Netflix etc without interruption.

Works for me with the adapter plugged into a 4-gang extension too.
on 27 March 2016
Seemed to work fine for a few months, then just died for no reason, other powerline adapters, on the same circuit, have been fine during the same period.
on 24 June 2017
Really easy to set up and stops the low Wi-Fi signal problem I had in our old stone-built house. I recommend this to anyone who has a dead spot in their home. It took me around 10 minutes to set this up and I'm delighted with the results achieved. Certainly good value.
on 3 March 2016
Easy to set up as long as you see the very small pairing button on the sender unit. I didn't at first. Works with all my devices well, much better than the rubbish WiFi extenders that don't work.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 June 2015
Top class product. Excellent for steaming HD. We purchased a third item to build up the network as we were so pleased with the first two.

NO SETTING UP REQUIRED - JUST PLUG THEM IN, WAIT TEN MINUTES AND OFF YOU GO!