on 6 January 2013
When you can pick up a plastic leather case for £5 from numerous online buyers you have to think carefully before splashing out on this item but it is definitely worth it. The case is made from string thin seemingly high quality leather that fits round the iPad very accurately. It's not glove type leather but instead like semi stiff card but definitely real proper leather. The buttons are covered with a shaped area so you can press them but the on/off button is tricky to activate but this might get easier over time and as it has the correct magnets built in to turn the iPad on and off when you open the case, this might not matter.. Quality details like the pleat in the front cover to help it locate as a reading stand and the double stitching on the turned back edges of the pockets show this is not a quick knocked out item.

Unlike plastic coated and fake leather, this will mark relatively easily but that's part of the charm. We have already used a leather polish on it and I expect it to look even richer and better over time. Being so thin it adds very little bulk to the iPad and all slots and cut outs a amazingly accurately located. Seemed a bit hard to insert the iPad when we got it and I would not recommend this for anyone who wants to take the iPad out regularly. It's a fit Nd forget case and all the better for it.

The only down side is the pen loop with supplied stylus which is a bit too big even when new, and therefore the stylus slips out easily when the case is being used open. You can just remove it and ignore it though. The slums itself is a basic writing pen with rubber tip end and doesn't really match the quality of the rest of the case.

Like all cases of this type, you have to take care if carrying this round in a bag as though the cover closes over the iPad well, this terms like nail files and keys can always get between it and mark the screen. Also the cutout for the camera on the back means you might scratch the lens if you just bung it in your bag.

Overall, excellent high quality thin case that doesn't get in the way of using your iPad but as its real leather, it will mark, change shade and wrinkle as you use it, but it looks great and functions well even when this happens. Some. Of the coated and plastic leather cases I have seen are far thicker than this and as this case adds to the glamour of the iPad, I thoroughly recommend it.
on 24 August 2015
I was looking to replace a Logitech cover which could no longer hold the iPad mini securely. One feature it did have, however, was a retaining loop for a stylus. I trawled the usual stores to find a good quality replacement, but none had anything suitable. In fact it was at an Apple store that it was suggested that I should look on the internet. Which is how I came across the Kavaj brand.

The London case looked ideal and the supporting videos on the website answered any questions. The case actually arrived ahead of the predicted delivery date and I was also impressed that the company preceded it with an email emphasising their returns policy if not satisfied.

Fortunately, I am, to date, very satisfied. The leather is good quality and has a pleasant handle to it. How anyone can claim it is synthetic, as some have, makes me wonder if they've actually ever been close to a cow. The stitching is accurate and well finished. As with all natural leather products, there can be slight variations, but my case slipped in with a perfectly snug fit without any need for additional stretching and all the buttons and sockets accessible and working perfectly. The iPad is securely held by an all round frame of leather which makes it impossible to fall out. Having watched a video showing how to enable the stand facility I was well prepared, however my case formed a stable base without any further action.

The accompanying stylus/pen works fine and the retaining loop will also accommodate my Griffin stylus. I notice that some have complained that the case is insufficiently padded to provide total protection, but it's more than adequate for sensible everyday use. If you're the sort of person who flings expensive gadgets around, then keep it in a briefcase!

One minor comment. The leather dressing can leave a very faint mark where it contacts the screen, but this is easily wiped off with a tissue. Mine also came with a discount code giving 10% off further Kavaj purchases.

In summation, this is a high quality real leather case that appears to be excellent value and far superior to anything I could find in the usual retail stores - including Apple!
on 22 January 2013
I have tried several iPad mini cases and all have been a disappointment until this one.

At £34.90 it was the most expensive but worth the money and has the benefit of a stylus/pen. The leather is lovely and soft and looks very good. It fits very well and all the openings are exactly in the right places eg camera and headphones. The on/off and volume are covered, but work well.

As a stand the typing angle is just right and comfortable to use on your lap or on a desk. For film viewing the stand is also a good angle and stands up very well. It feels quite solid and doesn't fall over.

The pen is very good and feels quite weighty and the stylus tip works as it should. It can slide out of the leather holder as other reviews have mentioned, but as it has a clip on the pen lid this would only happen if the case was upside down.

Overall, I love it and would recommend this case.
on 30 November 2013
I got this case for my ipad mini with retina and it fits well inside the case but there are lots of negatives. It is very thin and offers little protection; the pen is almost touching the screen when you close it and therefore creates a gap between the screen and the front cover; when closed it the ipad turns on too easily as it is so thin and will drain battery; the camera hole is slightly over the camera creating a shadow. Apart from that it is great....

Changed my review on this from 1 to 3 stars, it has grown on me. As it is thin you can actually feel the ipad and this is pleasing in a strange way and it makes it much more comfortable to hold and for that reason I have increased my score on it. Nearly 4 stars if it is was not for the front cover switching it on and the pen position.
on 22 March 2013
The Kavak London leather case is just the job for protecting yourmiPad mini whilst out and about. The iPad mini slips into the case easily and is a snug fit. The case easily converts into a stand, either a low angle or high angle, and I haven't had any problems with it staying upright when converted into a stand. All of the openings line up perfectly with the switches and ports and although the volume buttons and on/off button on the top of the iPad are covered, you can still operate them. The cover has three slits on the inside for business cards and a place to put a few pieces of paper although you would have to fold an A4 sheet in quarter in order to fit and it would be a tight fit for more than a couple of sheets.. The pen is a nice addition and the stylus works perfectly well on the iPad's screen. It is a similar cost to Apple's own iPad mini cover but gives much more protection and looks more stylish. Very pleased with my purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 December 2012
I spent hours looking for a quality case to protect my ipad, purchased three cases, but none were any good. I came across this case and wow am I glad I did. This is a beautifully made case with a quality leather that fits my ipad mini perfectly. If you're looking for a case that's a little bit special, then look no further!!!!
on 31 July 2015
A very nice 'grown-up' case. As it is real leather, it can fit a little too tightly at first and the pressure tries to turn the iPad on and off repeatedly but once you've got through the nicely presented packaging, you'll find instructions on how to stretch the leather. I used the rounded handle of a spoon so as not to damage the leather and be patient...keep trying, little and often. I spent 5 minutes sorting this out and it has been absolutely perfect ever since. Really nice case. You won't regret buying it.
on 13 September 2013
I have read lots of reviews and scoured the internet for my ideal iPad mini leather case. I love the design with slots for business cards and a slim pocket to keep notes in place. As a person who still loves taking notes both on the iPad and on paper, the Stylus (included) is certainly very handy and it is a decent black ink pen on one end and stylus on the other end. The genuine leather is of good quality and it has withstood some rough handling by my 3 year old and 7 year old. Although, robust enough I would personally recommend a sturdier foam case if your kids are using your iPad mini. The other iPad mini cases by KAVAJ are simpler in design so I have opted for this as a personal preference. Highly recommended for its practical design and classy look!
on 15 May 2014
This is a really lovely, classy looking case. Been using it for some time now and it's starting to get that used look which in my opinion makes leather look even better. Fits my ipad really well and everything still functions as it should. Have dropped my ipad several times, both with the case open and shut and this has protected it well. Love the fact that it doesn't t have a magnetic clasp which can cause problems. Whilst it wasn't cheap it was worth every single penny it cost. Delivery wasn' t too bad.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 April 2013
I bought this case as I use a stylus a lot and like to be able to stand up the iPad on a desk.
My previous case was a thicker plastic case that had neither the ability to prop up the iPad nor anywhere to put the stylus.
The KAVAJ case is pure quality, the leather is thin so probably offers less protection than my previous case, but in all other respects it is much better. The stitching and quality of the KAVAJ case is very good and I love the smell of the leather.
My iPad mini is always in a secure bag or pocket so the protection I need is from dust and scratches rather than dropping, if you are holding your iPad between your knees whilst white-water rafting, you probably want a thicker, more protective case, but if you are flipping out your iPad on the boardroom table or a café meetup the KAVAJ case is the one for you.