on 25 July 2014
I always get a size bigger than usual, I do a lot of fell walking and after a few hours most people find their feet swell slightly, I also wear sock liners plus thick hiking socks so if you try these on in a shop with your usual socks and your usual size they may seem ok but if you go for long walks bare in mind my previous comments.
Walked for 10 hours the other day in very hot conditions and these hiking shoes were excellent.
Have used Merrell's for years this is my seventh pair
on 26 July 2015
Ideal
on 28 March 2013
These are a great trainer and were bought to replace a pair of Gortex Chameleons I've had for 6 years. The old one's took a hammering on many treks and the replacements are superb - will be tested in anger in the Yorkshire Dales over Easter.
I'm a great fan of Merrells and have been wearing various products for over 20 years. Not the cheapest but in my view simply the best. Like all things you get what you pay for - worth every penny
on 26 June 2013
Only just received but upon initial impression I have every expectation that these Merrell's will be as good as the previous 2 pairs used over the last few years. Only one problem, and that is with Merrell sizing, it never seems to be consistent and I always need to check sizing elsewhere before buying online
on 2 November 2014
Had these shoes for a month. I've worn them for my daily fast paced fitness walks (5-10 miles). They are the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever had.
I normally take a size eight and a half and after reading other reviews I ordered size 9. The fit is perfect.
They are very well made without being heavy. The cushioning and support is excellent. Supremely comfortable. Even in heavy rain my feet remain warm and dry thanks to the Gore-tex lining.
The laces were a little on the short side at first but have now bedded in and are a suitable length for double tying. Plus, when tied they remain so and do not work loose.
Can't recommend these shoes enough. I'd never heard of Merrell before but now I'm glad I have. Won't be buying any other make again.

UPDATE:After Four Months Wear - Now Unwearable

I've reduced the previous 5 star rating for these shoes to 2 stars.
After just four months wear the soles on these shoes have worn away so badly that they are now useless.
The outer black material has worn away to the pale grey under layer in places. The outer material is obviously far too soft for daily wear on hard surfaces. I'm not a heavy person(5' 10"- 143lbs)and I have a neutral walking gait.
It's a great shame, because they're still very comfortable and the uppers are almost like new.
So take note if you intend to buy some of these for daily use on footpaths and or roads.
on 8 November 2014
If you don't want to read my rantings, this let me say 'Just but them, they are great'.

1. I bought a full size larger based on previous purchases of Merrells
2. Other reviews said very comfortable from the start, mine was two days - still great
3. The sole is stiffer than my moabs, but for a waterproof its very good. I have flat feet and wear special insoles so had to swap them over - again no issues. With other shoes I can feel the pavement beneath my feet, these offer much better cushioning - so if you have similar issues, I recommend these
4. Can't attest to the 'waterproofness' as I have not worn them in any deluge but if my other merrell mob waterproofs are anything to go by, it should be not be a problem
5. very nice style, better than the moab, would have liked an all black version though
6. Original laces were a bit stiff, but I replace all my laces with Nathan lock laces (which are great if your feet hurt when you tighten your shoe laces - too loose and you feet move about too much and too tight they hurt, great for kids shoes as well)
7. Now tempted to buy the mid boot version!
8. The price on Amazon was the cheapest, well not cheap for a pair of shoes but worth the money
Thanks for reading.
on 11 September 2013
Been wearing the shoe for 2 weeks now, in all kinds of conditions: wet, dry, crumbly ground, road and rocky. Great grip and very good comfort. Didn't seem to be any smaller than I would have expected, and has a nice width for those of us with chunkier feet. Waterproofing seems to work fine, and support for walking was great. All in all no complaints at all!
on 3 October 2014
this shoe is s Iwould expect from Merriel; although it does take a few walks for them to toally mould into your feet, particularly on the ankle bones where the fabric is rather rigid until it softens. Otherwise, the Chameleon has the added bonus of having only minimal fabric sections which, in my terrain (frequently damp, longer grass) is invaluable as it means less areas to waterproof!
on 22 April 2014
Following comments on this site I went to try these on in a store before buying. My correct shoe size is 7.5G (wide) and I ended up buy a size 9 for the first time in my life!

I've since walked only about 25 miles in them, but can confirm that they are extremely comfortable (from mile one) and appear (without stress testing) to be waterproof.

I have a high 'bridge' to my foot and often have to buy longer laces. Even with the size 9s the laces are borderline for me, and the shoe is technically too long. But the width is right and the shoe holds very well so I am completely happy with the fit. I would recommend these to anyone but I'd think twice about buying 'blind' unless have bought Merrell before or are willing to face potential return hassles as you really need to be sure you have the right fit.
on 31 August 2014
I've had these about a month now. This is my third paid of Merrell Chameleons and I've been impressed with the previous ones, each of which lasted about 18 month before wearing out with daily usage. I've tried other brands but found them to be of poorer quality, not as good a fit and they wore out quicker. I purchased these primarily for dog walking in my local park and walking on low level trails but have also used them for mountain biking and some hillwalking. I'm normally a size 9 (UK) but have always had to go a size larger with these shoes and this variation is no different. When jogging downhill I've even toyed with considering that I should have got a 10.5 but the size I've got has never caused any serious discomfort. The foot and heel are stiff and provide good support. All in all very happy with them.