Customer reviews

How To Fast
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 30 December 2012
This book is short but to the point. I followed the alternate day fasting and can confirm it does work - I did lose weight. I didn't lose the 30 pounds in 30 days that I wanted however that was my own doing. I lost around 11 pounds but didn't do it continuously and broke the fast on more than one occasion. It was hard in the beginning to simply not eat at all on fast days but after a couple of days I found it surprisingly easy as I wasn't thinking about food at all and kept telling myself it was just one day and could eat tomorrow. On what I called my "eat" days I found I had all these plans to eat certain things but just didn't want to or couldn't when it came down to it. I did however eat some of the wrong things on my eat days and if I had stuck with the protein and veg type principles detailed in the book am sure my weight loss would have been far greater - I had the urge to grab for bread! I am going to attempt to follow the plan again this january following an indulgent Christmas but taking more care over the choices I make on my eat days. I have high expectations this time as have had a small taster of how it could work!
on 6 February 2013
Simplifies the different types of fasts and makes it easy to identify the right one for you. Well written and easy to follow. I have been dieting off and on for years with no success, weight just bounces back on. This works first week was hard but now I don,t really notice it and th he weight just keeps dropping no more yoyo for me. Buy it you won,t regret it!
3 people found this helpful
on 8 February 2013
Easy to follow, comprehensive and detailed, nice touch to have stories from different ages, sex and lifestyles.
Adivec about apps also very good I downloaded them on my phone to support my progress
2 people found this helpful
on 26 November 2012
I found this book had some good information in it but there was not enough information about actual daily menus. I think that it would have been more helpful to show a sample week showing what people drank and ate on the fasting days and the non fasting days across the week.
on 29 August 2016
I am new to fasting and wanted some clear informative advice. I think I now know much more than I did when I woke up this morning. Although quite short, this book gives an overview of different ways to fast. There is something for everyone here.
on 16 June 2015
Good read
on 12 October 2013
Well written but I feel could be expanded with more evidence and examples as its only a 10-15 minute read at most.
on 19 January 2013
I enjoyed this. Easy, to the point and helpful. If you are interested in fasting and want something simple to help get you into it, then this is a good read. I would recommend fasting to anyone trying to feel better/healthier.
on 10 January 2013
Easy read giving key info without spending chapters telling you the same old info every book does.
Will be trying this one.
on 12 November 2012
I am really sold on it, its a great way to lose that stubborn weight that hangs about and i'm not one for faddy diets although I'm a staunch advocate of Dr Atkins for a steady maintenance programme. This book is very complementary to my ideals with good protein and low carb solutions. Jan goes one better than most diet books in that she actually tells you which diets are dangerous and thats good advice to keep in mind when looking at some of these fashion diets that are out there.

I won't promise that I will follow the regime that Jan lays out to the letter but in conjunction with the sensible eating and portion control I have learned to live with these last few years can see it making a difference to my remaining few pounds that always seems the hardest to shift.
3 people found this helpful