on 29 October 2017
Several features of this sat nav were really disappointing. Firstly, it does not allow you to enter an address if the car is moving (even though the passenger is usually doing this), they should have put in a function that could let you disable this. Secondly, it has lane guidance but it will remain stuck on the lane indication view (with the arrows pointing to the lane you should be on and the distance countdown) until you get onto the next part but while on this view, your speed is no longer indicated and you don't know what's coming next, which is a pain when you are exiting the motorway and coming onto a roundabout, you won't know which lane to be in until slightly too late. Also, when you miss a turn, it will tell you to a U-turn at completely inappropriate places so not very intuitive. Other than that, the maps are regularly updated, though in my area there are quite a few roadworks which means it is often not up to date.
on 4 August 2013
I prefer Garmin devices, but my wife prefers TomTom. Her old TomTom (10 years+) died so we go this new one. Took an entire evening (!) to update, but once it was all up and running the huge screen provides an excellent display. Wasn't too sure about the integrated screen mount on the back of the unit at first, but we've grown to like that now. Calculates routes quickly and accurately, which is what counts, and gives clear directions with detailed maps.
on 8 December 2014
On receipt I was a little disappointed with this model compared to my previous Tom Tom. But it has grown on me and it works well. Its' use is not as intuitive as previous and one has to delve through the menus to find what you want-bit there are a lot of good features there when you find them. I purchased a traffic charger lead which generally works well receiving RDS signals through its cable. Updates are very regular being flashed up on your home PC via Your TomTom-which one should regularly add to the satnav.
on 28 November 2016
Great, easy purchase and it was as described. It is so easy to use and read wish i'd traded up from my old one years ago, also buying off Amazon gives you a certain amount of confidence that the quality will be ok and should it NOT be as you expect then you have some come back. Would certainly used these guys again.
on 30 July 2017
Did not work, faulty product, however I received an immediate refund. I had one of these before and loved it. Bought the same from Halfords. Excellent TomTom, one of the best
on 13 October 2017
This is the third TomTom Sat Nav ive bought and not one of them has lasted more than 3 months. Either the summer heat or cold during the winter causes the item to fail. I ended up buying a GARMIN in the end which has lasted the last 18 months. I definately would not recommend buying this item
on 16 March 2017
The actual device works well but I am located in Ireland and the maps are nothing short of disappointing. Out of 4 trips I have used it with, none had the actual address including 2 of those in the heart of Dublin city. It may be different in bigger countries but the Irish map seems quiet poor.
on 18 September 2017
I changed to a Muvi. Much better
on 4 July 2017
Good Quality and works as I expected
on 6 November 2017
do not reconise the voice.
do need rufund.