Customer reviews

on 10 March 2013
I think I've read all of Annie Burrows' books now but this one is my favourite (and I love the cover!). The story is about Henrietta, who has come to London from the country for her first season. She's followed her childhood sweetheart Richard, but when they meet up at a party he is not at all pleased to see her and tells her to go home! She then meets Lord Deben by saving him from being tricked into marriage by another debutante. To thank her, Lord Deben decides to make Henrietta fashionable, by being seen out and about with her. But Lord Deben is such a notorious rake ... Should Henrietta trust him?

This is a lovely romantic story, with great characters and told with humour. Recommended!
3 people found this helpful
on 19 March 2014
What a fantastic book, enjoyed every second of it. This is most certainly a book that once you start, you just have to keep on reading. I cannot wait to go and look to see what other books Annie Burrows has written
One person found this helpful
on 25 March 2014
Excellent Annie borrows is my favourite author enthralling couldn't put it down. Loved Jonathan and Henrietta excellent in every way. Hen wanted his kiss I wanted him to kiss her.
on 1 April 2014
There is nothing I like better then an Historical novel, and this book was one of them. The writing is very good, and the storyline and characters are strong.
on 1 April 2014
this book was great. it had comedy as well as romance. I love it when the passion they have for each other comes out in constant arguing. fantastic.
on 29 August 2013
i could go on and on over these historical romance,s all day long how great they are wont have any other type,s of books they hold you right to the end of the book.
on 28 March 2014
I absolutely adored this book and found it very hard to put down. I would recommend this book to everyone. The best book I have read for ages.
on 15 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book, as indeed I usually do enjoy this authors writings. I recommend this book to all Annie Burrows fans.
on 30 March 2014
Excellent book which I read in one sitting. Likeable, interesting characters. A totally unselfish heroine and a disillusioned rake for a hero, both clever and with a sense of humour that made you want to see them get together in the end. Definitely a keeper.
on 29 January 2015